Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Addict
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Gazza. That's just the info I need.

Looks like time to save for a pano head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    I always thought I'd make something to suit my 24 - 105mm (set @ 50, or whatever...) but got a little distracted with wildlife/birding (bloody Mark!)
    Heading off again shortly, so I guess I'd better get busy

Even so, without that head, it looks like it pays to move your body around keeping the front of the lens as close as you can over an imaginary fixed point.

Cheers ...
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money! I've been doing panos for years, way before the current range of software solutions. I rarely use a tripod even, let alone a pano head. The purpose built programs that are around will stitch pretty much anything together without blinking an eye. Never tried PS to do panos, but then I prefer programs that are designed to do one thing and do it well. PS tries to be all things to all people for all tasks.

I've had another go at your pano, and it is a tricky one. I succeeded in getting the chair right, but then it stuffed the back wall. I'll try again later when I have more time - I've got a bit much on today to spend any more time on it. Bit of a challenge though! 8*)

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson