Just throwing it out there. I think it would be a good idea every now and again to ask Rick / mods to conduct an interview with some of the more advance photographers on this site.

You could pick a different genre each quarter and ask them a series of questions - what type of gear they use, what settings they use and why, how long do they normally take to pick a site or find a bird (do they wait for the correct lighting or stalk a bird etc). What studio lights do they use and how do they set them up? Preferred settings for any given genre etc?

Maybe a little history on the photographer themselves - how long they have been involved and what techniques stand them out from the crowd etc.

I think sometimes we take for granted the high quality of photographs we see but never really appreciate the time and effort that went into the photography itself - be it hiking to the spot, waiting on the light, or even how much work goes into taking that high quality sports event shot.

I think we would all benefit from a little insight as to what goes into making a great photograph.

The interview could be done via questionnaire - and I think could be built up a little to let us know who could be featured in an up coming article.

What do others think?