Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    +1.

I do have to question the assessment too tho.
    (and not because I'm a Nikon fanboi either!)
    I totally fail to see how the K1 is better at sports photography, when sports photography is primarily about focus speed/accuracy and features(eg. accurate and consistent tracking) .. and usually has nothing or very little to do with image stabilisation!
    And on the hand, how the K1 and D810 are equal at landscapes, when the K1 has features that make it far superior to the D810 for landscapes!
    It's almost certain that the K1 is the better camera, almost certain to have a bee's thingy more dynamic range for single shots, and far more when all the important features are used to good effect.
    I wouldn't give that 'review' a lot of points for anything other than a side-by-side comparison of specs. It was really a 'desktop' review, not a field or user review, and giving a score for 'sports photography' without actually taking test shots is not a valid way of doing it.
    I can't compare the autofocus systems of the K-1 and D810 as I've not used a D810.
    The K-1 is more than adequate for BIF, and with the lens I generally use (Pentax 150-450) it locks on fast and the focus tracks OK if you manage to keep the subject in the viewfinder...usually the hardest bit of the whole business. So if the D810 is better, it would be good for those corner cases where the subject is a bit more difficult and that would be a plus.
    I should also add that the continuous autofocus settings can be a bit confusing, and Pentax could do better in explaining how to set them for best use in various cases. It has been suggested that some of the poor reviews of the K-1 autofocus could be explained by wrong settings. The review by DPR which gave a poor result to the K-1 tracking approaching bicycle riders has been refuted by a few users who have attempted similar tests with quite different results...but none of that is conclusive, all it does is suggest not is all as it may initially seem to be.
    The DR, low noise and shake reduction are excellent.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Last edited by tduell; 23-07-2016 at 12:01pm.