A friend of my daughter was visiting yesterday, and he had to come by taxi. The cost from his place to here is usually around $38 - $40. He informed the diver he only had $35 on him and he would fix him up at the other end. The driver took a very long way around and the fee was climbing over the $45 mark. When he questioned the driver about the cost, the driver stopped and ejected him from the taxi, only 200m from my house. My daughters friend gathered all his gear, and the driver took off. He realized immediately that his camera a new Nikon, was still in the Taxi. He rang the company within minutes and they contacted the driver, who was supposed to return a call to him. He has rang the company several times since and twice was hung up on and just now he asked the person he was talking to, to ring him back for confirmation of his call, and all the other person would say was to report it on their web site. He has reported it to the police, who where very helpful and he is going to go to the ombudsman. Is there any thing else he can do. He is afraid the taxi driver is going to report is stolen from his taxi, which would be impossible considering the speed in which this happened.