User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: How was this reflection on the water droplets achieved?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How was this reflection on the water droplets achieved?

What method do you think this guy used to achieve the image in the water droplet (beside aiming a macro lens at the droplet)?
    Note: He did not use any PP to achieve this (only to touch up small details).
    I think he used a mirror above to reflect the scene (buildings) onto the water droplet & adding to the effect the image is then mirrored (upside down) in front of the droplets.
    http://www.boredpanda.com/droplet-microcosmos/

This is one of his images as seen on Bored Panda. Notice what (to me) looks like a mirror above.

*Image altered to a link. Do not post photos directly on AP that you have not taken, it is a breach of copyright. You are welcome to post a simple link to photos on other sites, but must specify it is not your photo in the link - admin*
    http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp...aae32__880.jpg

Unlike the usual nature type that I took here where the scene in the droplet is upside down (as is normal with a single lens element which it essentially is).

Last edited by ricktas; 07-07-2016 at 8:12am.
    Ross
    I fiddle with violins (when I'm not fiddling with a camera).
    Cameras: OM-D E-M1 & Mk II, Olympus Stylus 1, OM-D E-M5.
    Lenses: M.ZD7-14mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD12-40mm f2.8 PRO Lens, M.ZD40-150mm f2.8 PRO Lens with MC-14, MC-20, M.ZD45mm f1.8, M.ZD12-50, M.ZD60 Macro, M.ZD75-300 Mk II, MMF-3, ZD14-54 II, Sigma 150mm F2.8 APO Macro DG HSM.
    Flashes: FL36R X2, FL50R, FL50.
    Software: Capture One Pro 12 (& Olympus Workspace).