User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Photo's only showing small part of photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo's only showing small part of photo.

So I am looking at the bird photo's and in particulat Maryanne's photo of "pardalot". The first one I get a picture of the rear end of the bird and a lovely background. The second I see the full bird in the frame. I am viewing this on my iPad as laptop and desktop are not available. I have reset my iPad so am not aware if I have laptop/ desktop version of browser. My guess is I have the wrong one. Either way something is not right. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Brian
    Cheers Brian. Canon 7D Kit lenses EFS 18-55 IS EFS 55-250 IS EF28-90 Canon EF 2xll Extender Sigma DG150-500 OS Speedlight 420EX

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is an issue with viewing photos on devices like phones and tablets. Try using tapatalk or forumrunner apps on your device rather than using a browser.

You can scroll to see the rest of the image by using two fingers (separated) and dragging on the screen.
    Last edited by ricktas; 03-07-2016 at 2:28pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Fishy
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick. Perhaps the screen size is too small. I didn't think I had this problem until recently. The two finger dragging only moved me across to an open screen sitting in the background. I will look at using. A different system. Cheers. Brian

Ausphotography Veteran tandeejay's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it is an issue with safari in that it truncates the image to display it rather than resize it. Not sure if it is an issue with other mobile device browsers, but as rick said, tapatalk and forumrunner seem to work for forum browsing better than your mobile device's browser.
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, tapatalk seems to be the way to go. I couldn't find another consistent solution, but if you do, let us know.
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    Yep, tapatalk seems to be the way to go. I couldn't find another consistent solution, but if you do, let us know.
    Tapatalk is a 3rd party forum App. ForumRunner is the native App made by the people who make the forum software (vbulletin). Both work. I find forumrunner a bit easier.

Ausphotography Veteran tandeejay's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I think there are a couple of things that don't quite work correctly in tapatalk. If an image hasn't been added to a post correctly, tapatalk can have problems displaying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Tapatalk is a 3rd party forum App. ForumRunner is the native App made by the people who make the forum software (vbulletin). Both work. I find forumrunner a bit easier.
    Cheers, I might have to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    Also I think there are a couple of things that don't quite work correctly in tapatalk. If an image hasn't been added to a post correctly, tapatalk can have problems displaying it.

Yes, it does have its moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk