Nice mock up Kev.

Would be a thrill for me to get anything remotely like that for real.
I'll bookmark that coast watch link. A top idea.

After seeing your pic of a proposed location for the shoot, I am considering maybe doing a scouting trip there in the next couple of days.
Although i often go to the beaches around that area and stay at the park nearby, I haven't actually been to the jetty since I was a teen. Will be nice to get a feel for the place and maybe checkout some angles for the shoot (and what tracks lead down to the beach). In the end I'm probably going to play it safe as well and find a spot around where you have suggested. I still baby my equipment and don't take many risks with it.

I did notice, while watching another blokes night shoots efforts, that he and the others at their shoot used 'Red Lights/torches' so as not to interfere with everyones long exposures. I had seen that some of the night sky software for my phone have a 'red lighting' setting and I now realise that it is so not to ruin each others shots.

Does anyone have a 'red light' torch?
I guess I could use the phone app set to red to see my camera settings.

Fingers still crossed. All we are asking for is some clear skies. Not like we want the planets to align or something