User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Food and Drink : What do you take/buy?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Food and Drink : What do you take/buy?

I don't recall this question being asked before.

When you go out to do a photo-shoot, whether it be birds, portraits, landscapes, street or any other genre, do you take something with you to eat/drink, or do you buy something while you are out and about? Perhaps you go for breakfast to a favourite place after a sunrise landscape, or stop for a coffee and a pie after birding?

Tell us what you like to do for sustenance when you are out taking photos.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question... depends where im shooting, if its a sunrise at northern beaches will probably grab a coffee and eggs Benedict from one of the cafe after the shoot.. if bird shooting at Capertee Valley i usually stay in Katoomba so stock up on food as there is not much choice early hours except the servo where i may grab a chocolate bar ( or 3 ) and a cold drink
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot of choices where I normally go birding, unless you count roadkill (mongo may enjoy that...), so I tend to take something along with me or come home early - Cheers
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually take something with me ( light and easy to carry ), as I do not know how long I will be at an area, or what I will see. At least some drinking water, as missing out on a " meal " doesn't bother me. If passing a cafe, a coffee before or after.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For me, especially on cold winter morns. i use a travel mug and take a coffee with me. Food, I am a bit like Ionica, in that I can just skip a meal, it doesn't worry me. During summer, I will often take a water bottle with me. Used to love calling in for fish n chips on the way home, but i have stopped doing that as much. No real reason, just thinking about it made me realise i don't do it as much as I used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee goes without saying.

Depending on where I'm off to it could be just a couple of Aldi low calorie meal replacement bars. (Low calorie, quite filling and much cheaper than the alternatives).

Other times it could be a day pack with something more substantial to eat and a drink bladder, for say a day hike on the South Coast Track, or similar.