User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Food and Drink : What do you take/buy?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Food and Drink : What do you take/buy?

I don't recall this question being asked before.

When you go out to do a photo-shoot, whether it be birds, portraits, landscapes, street or any other genre, do you take something with you to eat/drink, or do you buy something while you are out and about? Perhaps you go for breakfast to a favourite place after a sunrise landscape, or stop for a coffee and a pie after birding?

Tell us what you like to do for sustenance when you are out taking photos.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular paulheath's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good question... depends where im shooting, if its a sunrise at northern beaches will probably grab a coffee and eggs Benedict from one of the cafe after the shoot.. if bird shooting at Capertee Valley i usually stay in Katoomba so stock up on food as there is not much choice early hours except the servo where i may grab a chocolate bar ( or 3 ) and a cold drink
    long live
    www.paulheathphotography.com.au
    Canon 7D, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a lot of choices where I normally go birding, unless you count roadkill (mongo may enjoy that...), so I tend to take something along with me or come home early - Cheers
    People are usually shocked when they find out I'm not a very good electrician.
    CC more than welcome..."I can't be offended" so go for it. Also, feel free to post your ideas with an edit if ya have the time. Thanks......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually take something with me ( light and easy to carry ), as I do not know how long I will be at an area, or what I will see. At least some drinking water, as missing out on a " meal " doesn't bother me. If passing a cafe, a coffee before or after.
    Constructive critique of my photos is welcome and appreciated.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For me, especially on cold winter morns. i use a travel mug and take a coffee with me. Food, I am a bit like Ionica, in that I can just skip a meal, it doesn't worry me. During summer, I will often take a water bottle with me. Used to love calling in for fish n chips on the way home, but i have stopped doing that as much. No real reason, just thinking about it made me realise i don't do it as much as I used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee goes without saying.

Depending on where I'm off to it could be just a couple of Aldi low calorie meal replacement bars. (Low calorie, quite filling and much cheaper than the alternatives).

Other times it could be a day pack with something more substantial to eat and a drink bladder, for say a day hike on the South Coast Track, or similar.