Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Pentax K-1 review at Popular Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pentax K-1 review at Popular Photography

Hello All,
    For those that are interested, Popular Photography have published a review of the Pentax K-1 http://www.popphoto.com/Pentax-k1-ca...-camera-review
    They appear to be a bit harsh on noise, which is quite different to my experience with the camera.

Cheers,
    Terry

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tduell View Post
    They appear to be a bit harsh on noise, which is quite different to my experience with the camera.
    Me either. K-1 is at least as good as a Nikon D810 (have a friend who has one).
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Account Closed
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Kym,

Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    Me either. K-1 is at least as good as a Nikon D810 (have a friend who has one).
    We don't really know their criteria, they may be using a qualitative measure which could give a similar rating to other contemporary cameras which users feel also have good noise characteristics. I guess one can really only get a better feel for their review on this by seeing the results for other cameras.
    I note that "Australian Photography" has also just published a review of the K-1, but I don't have the magazine and the on line version appears to be an abridged version. I'm told they gave it a 9/10.

Cheers,
    Terry

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tduell View Post
    Hello All,
    For those that are interested, Popular Photography have published a review of the Pentax K-1 http://www.popphoto.com/Pentax-k1-ca...-camera-review
    Bruddy hell, I got as far as the first 1/2 doz lines where they were speaking about "lines captured" in their resolution tests and promptly stopped reading.

This is extreme pixel peeping and I wish sites like that would dissolve into the ether ---

Better still, let those "esteemed reviewers" post some image that THEY have taken as proof of their judging of the technical prowess of the camera ( whichever make / model they are "testing" at the time ) and then see if there is any credence behind their claims.

From a non biased , non fanboy point of view the K1 simply has to be an excellent camera due to the Pentax pedigree, Sony sensor ability and above all else an EXTREMLY good price point.

I am sure that sites like that include a controversial technical assessment on purpose to drive a few more viewers to their site to prop up advertising stats.
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Account Closed
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Andrew,

Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    Bruddy hell, I got as far as the first 1/2 doz lines where they were speaking about "lines captured" in their resolution tests and promptly stopped reading.
    This is extreme pixel peeping and I wish sites like that would dissolve into the ether ---
    It's a bit of a bugger all this measuring business, but the unfortunate thing is that if there isn't any all we have is endless arguments based on a lot of (different) subjective judgements.

Cheers,
    Terry