Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Paid Model Shoot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paid Model Shoot

Hi

I'll be paying a model for an upcoming photoshoot. This is my first time so just a little unsure about the following question.

I'm doing up a contract and her only expectation/consideration from me, is to get paid.

IF, she asks for photos from the shoot, would you give her some? I'm inclined to say she can buy the photos off me, or negotiate for example, charge me for 2hrs instead of 3 (1.5hrs is makeup which I'm paying for). With the makeup artist, although I'm paying, I'm going to give her some photos because I would like to maintain an ongoing relationship with her and we will be collaborating in the future TFP.

So I'm aware of legal obligations with regards to my model, but would like to hear how other people handled this situation.

Cheers
    Chris
    www.facebook.com/ChrissyBrownPhotography
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/midgygar/R6un7s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do decide to provide photos in exchange for reducing the fee paid, put it in writing. Otherwise you could get caught.

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think it might depend on what is written in your contract with the model. If you state in the contract you will provide photos as part of the payment then of course you are obliged to do so. If the contract does not state any photos will be provided then it is up to you and your relationship with the model whether you provide them or not. For sure if you do provide photos then it is at your discretion and timing. Most times if you are doing a TFP there is an expected time line you would have the photos processed - but in this case seeing as you are hiring a model that requirement would not be there.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Hugh and Brian

Yeah I'll definitely have a contract. Just wasn't sure whether it is standard or more courteous to supply a couple of photos, even though you have paid the model. I'm thinking if I put any of the photos on my Facebook, then she has the option to share the photos on my page.

Chris