User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  23
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about what I can post...

Ausphotography Veteran tandeejay's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about what I can post...

My daughter came across a 100 theme challenge on Deviant Art, to draw images based on 100 themes (somewhat similar to the weekly challenge). She then challenged me to that challenge, and I said I would do it as long as I could do it by taking photos depicting each theme (instead of drawing)

I was going to start posting my photos for the challenge here, and was wondering about posting (attributed) photos of my daughters drawings here along side of my photos so that my photo and her drawing (for each of the themes) could be posted here side by side.

(Drawing is somewhat slower process than photography so will be a little while before I'm able to post my 1st photo as I want to hold off posting my photos anywhere until my daughter has her equivalent drawing complete and ready....)
    John Blackburn

"Life is like a camera! Focus on what is important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out take another shot."

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you're no doubt wonderful daughter might have to become a member here. She can then post her photo and you can then post your photo in response.
    She has the copyright to her photos, so you can't post them. You could post a link to her photo and then post your photo, but that probably wouldn't work well.
    I think she should just become a member here and slowly get to being a good photog with the advice we give. She needs more than Dad's advice

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was thinking:
    [your pic here]

[link to her drawing here]

When opened in separate tabs they could be "switched between" reasonably easily.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 12-06-2016 at 10:33pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Think you're no doubt wonderful daughter might have to become a member here. She can then post her photo and you can then post your photo in response.
    She has the copyright to her photos, so you can't post them. You could post a link to her photo and then post your photo, but that probably wouldn't work well.
    Thought that might be the case. But she is not doing photos but drawings...
    I think she should just become a member here and slowly get to being a good photog with the advice we give. She needs more than Dad's advice
    Hehe... I've been trying to get her to sign up here for months... but she isn't into photography... drawing though is a different matter

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will run it past the other mods,
    BUT,
    If you were to start a thread and put all your images in that thread, and you have taken the images of and obviously attributing the drawings to you daughter, I can't see an issue with it.
    @Mark L; - I think John is talking about posting an image he has taken of his daughter drawings, or at least that is the way I read it
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Well I was thinking:
    [your pic here]

[link to her drawing here]

When opened in separate tabs they could be "switched between" reasonably easily.
    That sounds like a workable alternative to actually posting her drawings.

Of course I could still take Mark's advice and get her to sign up just so she can post her drawings

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    I will run it past the other mods,
    BUT,
    If you were to start a thread and put all your images in that thread, and you have taken the images of and obviously attributing the drawings to you daughter, I can't see an issue with it.
    @Mark L; - I think John is talking about posting an image he has taken of his daughter drawings, or at least that is the way I read it
    MarkChap, you are quite correct. I was thinking of creating a single thread titled something like "My 100 theme challenge" which I posted my photo and an attributed copy of my daughters drawing. All images in the one thread...

I'll take what ever advice the mods give me on this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is taking the photo of, or creating the digital image of the drawing
    That will be the deciding factor

Quote Originally Posted by tandeejay View Post
    That sounds like a workable alternative to actually posting her drawings.

Of course I could still take Mark's advice and get her to sign up just so she can post her drawings

- - - Updated - - -

MarkChap, you are quite correct. I was thinking of creating a single thread titled something like "My 100 theme challenge" which I posted my photo and an attributed copy of my daughters drawing. All images in the one thread...

I'll take what ever advice the mods give me on this.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My daughter came across a 100 theme challenge on Deviant Art, to draw images based on 100 themes
    So all these drawings people do aren’t shared?? Just done for the sake of it?

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be photographing the drawing, or most probably sticking them in the Pixma scanner... "Dad, can you scan in these drawings for me please...."

- - - Updated - - -

So all these drawings people do aren’t shared?? Just done for the sake of it?
    People do share their drawings on deviant Art, although I've never found anyones "100 theme challenge" drawings... but my daughter asks me to scan in any of her drawings she wants to post on there...

of course, if I cant' post them directly here, I can always link back to the deviant art image.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Generally our rules state that members must present only photos they have taken and own copyright over. So the preferably way would be post a link to them on your daughter's deviantart. This also means she might get some more followers on DA.

However, if you post them to direct to AP, then other issues as well as site rules come into play. Note under the copyright act, photographs of other peoples Art where the Art is the central subject, means the Artist has rights over the use of the photograph. However if the Art is incidental to the photography (ie in the background) then the Artist does not have rights over the photo. So we open a can of worms about posting them directly and who own copyright.
    Last edited by ricktas; 13-06-2016 at 1:57pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ta for clearing up that point about the piece of art being the central subject, Rick.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Wanted to be sure I did the right thing. I'll just put links back to my daughters images on deviant art. That way I avoid all the complications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll just put links back to my daughters images on deviant art. That way I avoid all the complications.
    NO, no there's a better way. (some people won't look at links.)

I think she should just become a member here .....
    She can then post the drawing (you scanned) to AP and straight away you can post your photo response. No links to look at and both interpretations easily viewed.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.artslaw.com.au/articles/e...n-of-artworks/

I found the article I was looking for earlier on photographing other people's art.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have in no way claimed copyright of my daughters drawings. I was always intending on fully attributing my daughters work and she would retain the copyright.

- - - Updated - - -

NO, no there's a better way. (some people won't look at links.)

I think she should just become a member here
    She can then post the drawing (you scanned) to AP and straight away you can post your photo response. No links to look at and both interpretations easily viewed.

Yeah.... Still working on that one...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (All this talk about links... Seems like something's missing)

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think you're no doubt wonderful daughter might have to become a member here.

Well, @Mark L; My daughter has laid down the gauntlet... She said that if you can get her a baby night fury, she will join AP...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, @Mark L; My daughter has laid down the gauntlet... She said that if you can get her a baby night fury, she will join AP...
    some people are just lazy.
    So I'll get her something.
    There's many images here she can set as a desktop BG https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...l_EdVu-IlXawM:

I particularly don't mind the first image there and also this one https://au.pinterest.com/pin/323133341986901119/

Multiple baby night fury things given,
    so welcome to AP little john (yep, a suggested user name is a bonus extra here )

Ausphotography Veteran
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    some people are just lazy.
    So I'll get her something.
    There's many images here she can set as a desktop BG https://www.google.com.au/search?q=b...l_EdVu-IlXawM:

I particularly don't mind the first image there and also this one https://au.pinterest.com/pin/323133341986901119/

Multiple baby night fury things given,
    so welcome to AP little john (yep, a suggested user name is a bonus extra here )

Apparently, a picture of a night fury isn't good enough. She wants a real one. (plush would suffice...)

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't you wish arty folks could get their act together.
    There are no real night fury things. The stuff animals are just some capitalists interpretation, trying to make the unreal real.
    I can send little john a bottle of nail polish if that helps her to become involved here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast