Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CPL & ND Filters

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Oh, wait! One more thing before that question: you should use noise reduction sparingly, as most such processes
    de-noise everything, including detail you might want to preserve.
    Only if you don't know how to use layers and masks. If you do, then there is no problem taking noise out of the sky more aggressively than the rest of an image.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    Yes, the old "Filters DON'T produce noise in the sky, photographers do" adage has been illustrated again

I would add, as it's relevant to the following question, the the more expensive filter probably DOES NOT have a nicer hue,
    either.

Oh, wait! One more thing before that question: you should use noise reduction sparingly, as most such processes
    de-noise everything, including detail you might want to preserve.

And lastly...
    Q: Can you detail how you are processing these, and whether they are crops of a larger images?
    Shot in raw with no processing at all. Zoomed to 100% image size and then cropped. Probably 1/16th of the original image.

I mainly posted this to show that, if you are an average photographer like me, cheap filters are probably worth a try.
    Andrew

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    Only if you don't know how to use layers and masks. If you do, then there is no problem taking noise out of the sky more aggressively than the rest of an image.
    = "sparingly".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthy View Post
    Shot in raw with no processing at all. Zoomed to 100% image size and then cropped. Probably 1/16th of the original image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawthy View Post
    I mainly posted this to show that, if you are an average photographer like me, cheap filters are probably worth a try.
    Hawthy. Funny I really thought I was replying to Darks in my post above. Instead it was you (Talk of being unobservant)

OK, well thanks for providing the answer (in this color above). And I agree with your conclusion, though
    from your post I thought you (or Darks) were asking for some help.

(Hah! Fancy thinking it was Darks...)

Am(going off shaking head).
    Last edited by ameerat42; 27-06-2016 at 11:17am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12