Hi all, new here and after a lengthy lay off have decided to get back into photography.

My Mum who retired today after 43 years of nursing has decided to treat herself to a new car which I am more than keen to get stuck into with the camera, she is looking at more than likely getting the 2016 Holden VF SV6 Black Edition sedan, so I am looking for help, hints, tips in taking nice images of the car and for one of them to be printed and framed.

Camera I have is a Canon EOS 40D with a Canon EF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM, so I will obviously be using the 17-85mm and 50mm.

I'm thinking the following settings, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Car will be stationary so I'm thinking ISO of 100 or 200, Aperture of 4.5 to 8., I've read 4.5 for car front images and 8. for side images, focusing more on the car with a blurred background, what sort of Shutter Speed should I be looking at? Photos I'm thinking will be taking during the day, around before sunset or around lunch time, also thinking of some night shots, so ISO of 100, Aperture of 4.5 and 8. again, Shutter Speed of 10 to 30 seconds?

I'm thinking shots of the front, side of the car, some angled view shots, close up badge shots, rims, certain exterior view points like curves, badging, etc.

What about interior though, I'm not quite sure of what settings to use here.

All comments, suggestions, help, hints welcome, thank you.