User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  11

Thread: Hope you are all staying safe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hope you are all staying safe

With the wild weather down the eastern seaboard, I hope all AP members are staying safe. Take care and remember if it is flooded, forget it!
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick I remember a farmer saying to me once 'better to be late in this world than early in the next'
    I hope the dams fill with this dump of rain for everyone in Tasmania's peace of mind.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised to hear on the news how much Sydney copped.
    There was one place featured where I lived 30 years ago and where I copped
    two floods then and it's flooded again now. Talk of progress in flood mitigation
    in 30 years!!!
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All safe here and I hope everyone else is the same further down the Coast.

Where all areas around us got 200mm some more of heavy damaging rain , we got 81mm of light and medium good soaking rain over two days.

I shoot with Canon And Olympus Cameras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We made it through the weekends storms relatively unscathed..........Skylight was ripped from the bathroom roof (while I was on the throne directly under it!!) Our monster gumtree in the back corner of the garden shed several tree sized branches on ours and all our neighbours fences and one neighbours roof....no serious damage though. House two doors down had large gum tree across the roof of the house several large trees down in the street but all in all no one hurt so all good. Sadly a friend of mine owns one of the Collaroy Beachfront houses.......

Hope everyone else is ok and those in Tassie stay safe...
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain?, storms?, bad weather?........what have we been missing ........all of the aforementioned I'm guessing

All the same hope everyone anywhere up & down the east coast survived.

But be wary Rick.....you live on an island and there is only so much it can take before succumbing to be like the lost city of Atlantis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    With the wild weather down the eastern seaboard, I hope all AP members are staying safe. Take care and remember if it is flooded, forget it!
    Hope you and all the other Tas members are keeping safe, seems you guys have taken a bit of a hit going by the news.
    Cheers
    Jeremy

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM View Post
    Hope you and all the other Tas members are keeping safe, seems you guys have taken a bit of a hit going by the news.
    Yeah, it has been very wet. Wasnt raining here yesterday, we had sun, but the rain has set in again today, so it's not over yet. Most of the damage was in the North of the State. My mum lives on the east coast and the southern entry/exit to the town was blocked by water for a couple of days and now a very large boulder and landslip have blocked the highway. I reckon we will continue with the effects of this event well into next week. But at least most people are not attempting to go through the flood waters.