User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: posting photo's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posting photo's

I must be a computer neanderthal, I can't find the the site to generate an album. Or is it linked to a number of posts or the 30 day probation thing. I followed the info given in FAO and nothing.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You do not need to create albums. Go to LIBRARY on the main menu and then in the HOW DO I section is what you seek. Then you just click on FORUMS, find the photo critique forum that suits the genre of photo you want to get feedback on and create a new thread in there, using the techniques in the HOW DO I section to attach/link your photo into your thread.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bushy. You can either UPLOAD them directly into one of your posts here on AP,
    or,
    you can LINK to a photo you might have on some other site , like Flickr or PhotoBucket.

For Posting to AP:
    When you start a new thread you will find the "Manage Attachments" button below the text input area.
    Click that and it will bring up the little File Upload Manager window.
    Click on Add files, then
    Browse (your computer) for the image
    Select it, then click "Upload". Its icon will appear in two places in that window, Home, and Attachments.
    Below the Attachments section there is the "Insert Inline" button. Click that.
    It will place the image where the cursor position is located in your post.
    The image will be a number code inside [ATTACH] tags.
    You will usually have to cut and paste this line of text somewhere in your text where you want the image to appear.

The Library articles describe this but the images shown there are for older versions of the site software.
    Do it once or twice and you'll be an expert.

For linking, have a look at the Library articles under "How Do I".

The only thing to note is that your attachments to AP must be MAXIMUM
    1200 pixels wide (any format) AND 400KB file size. The uploader gives you a message
    if it does not comply.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Am,
    that counts me out for some time, I do not have an Editing Program, unless you call Capture NX-D one. I can not justify the monthly cost of Photoshop etc.
    Bushy

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never fear! There are lots of useful freebies about...
    Look! AFAIC, you don't need the "latest" Photoshop that costs heap$!
    I have got by with CS2 for quite a few years. THAT, in fact, is available FREE from Adobe.

In addition to that is a program called GIMP. It is also free, but I will say that I am not used to it
    and I have it but way prefer how Photoshop is organised.

And then something that has basic editing, including re-sizing, there's FastStone Viewer. This is also
    an image organiser, and works rather like Win Explorer (in some ways). And if you go for this one, use only
    the veiwer, as the other "free offers" are just trials for a month and are not that useful. I use this as my default
    image viewer/organiser, but you said you have ViewNX, so...

Now, here's the link to the free CS2.

It takes a while to download as it's fairly big. Use the serial numbers to "register" it. AFAIK the registration servers
    DO NOT work for CS2 anymore, but it's part of the proper installation. After that, the "price" you pay is that it will
    ask you to register each time you run the program. No worries, as a simple mouse click gets you past that.

CS2 Free is available from this Techspot site:
    http://www.techspot.com/downloads/36...oshop-cs2.html

Win and Mac versions are available. So if you get it, be prepared to wait a while for the download.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUshy.
    On reading your lament in the other post, I reckon you might first download and install
    FastStone Viewer (FS) from this Cnet site (and watch the video on how to install it).

I only suggest this as I don't use ViewNX, which would probably be OK anyway. There are quite
    a few people here that also use FS. And since it can easily do a lot of basic editing, it might be
    a good introduction to post-processing (PP).

Later, at your leisure, after you've picked up on some of the PP ideas, you might consider downloading
    and installing the Free CS2.

Really, in a few shakes of a [insert favourite animal's] tail, you'll be OFAY with a few basic editing techniques.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If cost is a factor, you could also download 'the gimp' it is free and as I also raised it in your other thread. Lots of youtube video tutorials on using the gimp.