Thread: Competition term and conditiions

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    So the reply is:

"That's a great point Rick and something we'll flag with Bupa. Appreciate your time"

So will be interesting to see if they do remove it.
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one! I think you were lucky to get a reply at all.
    i think they probably work on the basis that few people read the fine print (or even the not so fine print!)

What can you expect from a company that spends zillions changing their name to one that has absolutely no meaning at all - to anyone!

Well spotted though .......

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that one! I think you were lucky to get a reply at all.
    i think they probably work on the basis that few people read the fine print (or even the not so fine print!)

What can you expect from a company that spends zillions changing their name to one that has absolutely no meaning at all - to anyone!

Well spotted though .......
    BUPA is a British company that has existed for a long time (1947). They were formed with the joining of 17 smaller health funds into one. They came to notice into Australia when they purchased MBF. They already owned two smaller health insurance companies here. BUPA stands for British United Provident Association. They are a massive multi-national company.. one you think could pay people to be able to use "using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any digital, social or traditional media" and more.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    BUPA is a British company that has existed for a long time (1947). They were formed with the joining of 17 smaller health funds into one. They came to notice into Australia when they purchased MBF. They already owned two smaller health insurance companies here. BUPA stands for British United Provident Association. They are a massive multi-national company.. one you think could pay people to be able to use "using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any digital, social or traditional media" and more.
    Well now that IS interesting! I went into BUPA shop a long while back when I was lodging a claim, and I asked them why the stupid name change. They told me that there wasn't any meaning behind the name - it was just thought up by an ad agency.
    Just goes to show you that not even the staff have a clue.

Thanks for that ..... mind you, I still think it's a stupid name.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... mind you, I still think it's a stupid name. ...
    I gree! - And it should be followed by "Excuse me!"

(Classic about the staff! - How mental!)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    .... mind you, I still think it's a stupid name.
    and the next member that posts ........ ,your excused.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12