Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: EXIF Viewer

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXIF Viewer

Hi all, I loaded the EXIF Viewer offered by Aruna for Chrome as suggested by someone here. It worked well but I found out today it interferes with a program my wife uses, MailChimp. There was another online site that wouldn't work either VistaPrint. Could this be a setting? What are my alternatives? Thanks in advance...
    Filter

EOS R & 16-35 f4 EF, 70-200 2.8 RF
    Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark II 7-14 12-40 40-150 Pro lens.
    EOS 7D Mark II - 70D - Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, 17 - 55 2.8 Lenses

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found Exif Viewer 2.33 for Chrome.
    Also, try Exify. You just mouse over the image for that and it gives you basic exposure settings.
    All the others are R-click context menu types.
    For FFox, I have as well FxIF (Firefox Exif) and Exif Viewer 2.33.

Having said all that, no known problems.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Filter View Post
    It worked well but I found out today it interferes with a program my wife uses, MailChimp.
    MailChimp? Are you and your wife SPAMMERS?

- - - Updated - - -

MailChimp boasts of sending 10 billion emails a month.... There is not 10 billion people on the planet. What a unique and inventive marketing strategy they have. Just send as many emails to as many people as possible and hope that someone buys as a result. Sorry Filters, I'm not having a go at you personally, unless you've actually spammed me, and plenty have via MailChimp. I'm just saying, who has ever bought anything as a result of unsolicited SPAM?

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...-8#q=mailchimp
    Last edited by Warbler; 25-05-2016 at 5:55pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MailChimp boasts of sending 10 billion emails a month.... There is not 10 billion people on the planet. What a unique and inventive marketing strategy they have. Just send as many emails to as many people as possible and hope that someone buys as a result. Sorry Filters, I'm not having a go at you personally (unless you've actually spammed me), and plenty have via MailChimp. I'm just saying, who has ever bought anything as a result of unsolicited SPAM?
    Interesting Warbler, I have never used or looked into what it actually does but the good women finds it easy to merge newsletters & group emails for our sports club. No issues with it till now where it won't work with this EXIF active?? I tried the other Chrome option with the cursor over, I preferred the Aruna version...

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The main version I was suggesting is the Exif Viewer.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    ..... I'm just saying, who has ever bought anything as a result of unsolicited SPAM?

I do .. all the time.

I mean my lil fella is now 24 foot in length(Ok, so I over did it, but the offers were too good to refuse, so I took 'em) .. and I can feel rest assured that I've helped all those poor African clergymen who's money was all tied up in some convoluted accounting system.

Very soon I'll be worth about 14 trillion US dollars, once they all pay me back.

My favourite scam is the idiots that send out those "your delivery has arrived" emails .. where you click this link to log into your login page to settle the delivery status or whatever.

err ... yeah!

.. anyhow, back onto exif viewers ..
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    I do .. all the time.
    Ha! Sure you do. Publish your email address here then. I dare you. I double-dare you.

I'm using the viewer by Aruna BTW on Chrome

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Mark L; 26-05-2016 at 12:14am. Reason: wow

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    MailChimp? Are you and your wife SPAMMERS?

- - - Updated - - -

MailChimp boasts of sending 10 billion emails a month.... There is not 10 billion people on the planet. What a unique and inventive marketing strategy they have. Just send as many emails to as many people as possible and hope that someone buys as a result. Sorry Filters, I'm not having a go at you personally, unless you've actually spammed me, and plenty have via MailChimp. I'm just saying, who has ever bought anything as a result of unsolicited SPAM?

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sour...-8#q=mailchimp
    I use mailchimp as well, it is great for newsletters etc and has an easy unsubscribe for your subscribers. You can easily create a full subscriber list and then sort male from female, or ages, or place they live etc, to market to your subscribers specifically. I send out a newsletter to 3000 people every month. Lots of marketing companies use it for their clients cause it is very easy to manage the subscriber lists etc. They are quite strict on spammers and Mailchimp get onto spamming accounts soon after they are created. But like anything, they cannot catch all of them instantly.

and back to the OP. I use Exify a fair bit now and like it.
    Last edited by ricktas; 26-05-2016 at 7:57am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    I use mailchimp as well, it is great for newsletters etc and has an easy unsubscribe for your subscribers. You can easily create a full subscriber list and then sort male from female, or ages, or place they live etc, to market to your subscribers specifically.
    The problem is that many people/companies do not use the service responsibly. They buy a list from this guy http://www.mavenmarketing.com.au/ who just strips the information from Yellow Pages and Local Directories, and other sources. By definition from the ACMA site, even a single uninvited email is SPAM. MailChimp does not detect that, and the SPAM keeps arriving from their servers. Notice the list of photographers that the bloke from Tweed Heads sells? People using those lists have no relationship with the sender, and rely on implied consent via conspicuous publication of the email address, but ACMA says a simple statement displayed with the email address indicating that you don't want unsolicited email from vendors is enough to make this defence null and void. (See here: http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/spam-...s-publications). At least one of your site advertisers here has spammed me, I assume by using this list.

Anyway, that's my last word on this subject in this thread. Back to EXIF Viewers.

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Firefox and an add-on for mouse-over.

For downloaded images I use KUSO Exif Viewer and if all the info is intact it gives you the lot. Oh, and Kuso means 'crappy' or 'sh!t' in Japanese.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'