Quote Originally Posted by danhendo888 View Post

Did you come across any material that changed the way you take photographs?
For me it was easy .. but a long and arduous process.
Used my own material!
That is, shoot .. didn't like. Kept looking at the images over and over to find out why I didn't like them.
Shot more, didn't like them either .. same as above re viewing them over and over.

Finally after many years, I still shoot and don't like(all that much), but now at least I know why I don't like them as much.

ie.(if you haven't yet figured it out!) .. experience.
If you are really keen to get into photography, no amount of courses and tutorials can help you see.
Seeing is basically 99% of what getting good images is about. if you only know 1% of the technical aspects of getting good exposures, I think that's probably enough.

While it's probably true that you could do a course on photography to learn the basics of composition, almost certainly it'll show you how to take photos the same way as others do.
So you'll see just the way others do.

And like Rick said .. post images for critique, and accept that critique without getting personal.(ie. if someone says it's not good in some way, they usually do it simply to help .. not to debase your ability!)
AND .. further to that, try to critique others images.
I've found that in expressing my opinion on what I think others could have done 'better' .. it helped me to commit to memory some of that advise when I'm out shooting.