Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Advice Before Finalising My Website

Hey There,

So after much pain, angst, frustration, sweat and nearly broken screens i'm very close to finalising my own website to display my 5 years worth of better images (mostly landscape and some streetscape), and also offer them for sale. I'm aware that this will most likely provide very little to no income, however I decided to actually follow my passion and avoid later life regrets. I've been determined to see it through, regardless of the ridiculous amount of hours I've sacrificed.

At the moment I have the images available for digital downloads through 3 sizes; small (800x530), medium (2000x1325) and large (4000x2649), via a WordPress e-commerce plugin *removed*. I'm aware of the potential issues with selling digital images, but after much deliberation, I've still determined that this is still the most effective method for my circumstances. I also have a product link to *removed* to handle any framing requests. Again I've deemed this the most efficient method at the moment, until otherwise convinced.

The one element I've still not been able to settle on is pricing. I've done countless research and read all of the philosophies (and often heated arguments) surrounding this. I'm aware that this is very subjective and that people will be prepared to pay what they deem fair, however this has not helped me finalise this component thus far.

Therefore I'm seeking advice from people with similar experience or informed opinions and thought that this forum would be a great place to find this.

Any suggestions, advice or learning that can be shared would be greatly appreciated, so that I can complete the work to date and start focusing on trying to actually attract people to the site through marketing and promotion.

Any other general advice/suggestions would also be much appreciated, please be gentle though

Thanks in anticipation.
    Kris

*edited* post edited to reflect site rules - please read our site rules, in particular rules 3-7: admin
    Last edited by ricktas; 24-05-2016 at 9:44pm.