Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's Forgotten Already?...

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DacrimL View Post

1st off I was taught to look after #1, myself first, so that being said if we all did that and voted for #1, would we not have the most democratic country in the world where the voice of the people actually counted
    Wouldn't that just lead to me voting for me and then I get to start an argument with myself???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Wouldn't that just lead to me voting for me and then I get to start an argument with myself???
    But at least you and you alone could choose whether you win or lose said argument without any repercussions.....

Formerly : Apollo62
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    And then you get them main parties thinking another voter that doesn't give a shit. Doesn't matter if you're not vote for us if you're not voting against us.
    Better to make a valid vote against them main parties.
    If you're so unhappy, make a valid vote against the bastards.

Continuing to use a broken machine makes absolutely no sense. If your camera is broken, you go and get it fixed. In this case, it is the system that is broken but it's going to take a concerted effort by a democratic majority to fix it. Politicians of any persuasion will deny that the system is broken when they continue to benefit from the fact that it favours a minor portion of society than the majority. They continue to lie and people continue to vote for them, like sheep. Stop giving them the one thing that they believe empowers them to act in the interests of the minority and ignore the common interests of the majority. Votes are what puts them into power in the first place and until a vast majority of the general population stops feeding them their power of legitimisation, then nothing will change and the major party dimwits will continue on their merry way. A large informal vote is the only way of making them listen because the other alternative will lead to something that has never (and I hope never does happen) in this country and that is an overthrow of government through the use of violence.

Lightbender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DacrimL View Post
    But at least you and you alone could choose whether you win or lose said argument without any repercussions.....
    Mark hates arguing with himself; he knows what he's going to say half the time.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ApolloLXII View Post
    A large informal vote is the only way of making them listen ...
    So that will still have the main players left standing or the random effect of a Clive or Pauline accidentally in power.
    (I think, maybe, possibly, mmm yeah that's it, oh hang on, might have to consult with Grant.)
    Last edited by Mark L; 04-06-2016 at 7:54pm. Reason: still making up my mind on what I think

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123