Thread: Who's Forgotten Already?...

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's Forgotten Already?...

- That there's an election looming?
    Well, you're to be forgiven, I suppose. The air-waves are "fullervit"!

Specious arguments, syllogistic statements, tonight an endless (bad) air on a gum-leaf,...

Wht to do?

Options: wring hands, gnash teeth, stop ears with wax, wear a hair shirt...
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not so much a case of forgetting, it's a case of "have I done enough to avoid it yet..." I love listening to the radio in the morning (ABC is good for it) when the latest politician rolls out their little hobby horse, or gets asked questions on the latest headline. I have a little side bet how long it will take before they start blaming the other party for everything.

If the politicians stopped the blame game they would have time for some decent songs...
    Pentax K3, K100D Super, Sigma 18-50, Takamur-A 28-80, Pentax DA 50-200, Sicor 80-200, Tamron 2X teleconverter

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everyone should vote independent and kick liberal and labor out completely. Get rid of parties and let everyone represent their electorates, not party policy.

Vote 1 - The muppets. Miss Piggy or Kermit. Cause no matter who you do vote for you are going to end up with Muppets.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a big joke hey. The focus seems to be on finding more ways to take additional money off us hard workers to cater for an increasing deficit. How about focusing on the tax dodgers. That is why there is not enough money to go around in the first place.
    Cheers, Ann

60D, Canon 18-200mm, Canon Fisheye, Canon Macro, Canon 50mm prime, Tripod. Photoshop Elements, Picasa.

www.travellerspoint.com/users/aussirose www.flickr.com/aussirose

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussirose View Post
    It's a big joke hey. The focus seems to be on finding more ways to take additional money off us hard workers to cater for an increasing deficit.
    So labour have a negative gearing/capital gains tax policy that might not affect most hard workers to much. Might raise a bit of money for the govmint at the expense of those that can afford 2/3/4/5 proprieties also
    Let's not mention climate change. Bugga

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Members might find the following tags useful for replies to this thread...

[WAIL] [/WAIL]
    [WOE] [/WOE]
    [RANT] [/RANT]
    [GNASH TEETH] [/GNASH TEETH]
    [FAT CATS] [/FAT CATS]

Please add any others you find useful.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 24-05-2016 at 10:03am.

The Commander
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to forget but every morning on the tele whilst I have my morning coffee before leaving for work, there is some poly ratting and bagging on another poli about what his or her party are doing and what they themselves will do to save the country - its like ground hog day - how can I forget there is an election coming up LOL
    Please be honest with your Critique of my images. I may not always agree, but I will not be offended - CC assists my learning and is always appreciate

https://mikeathome.smugmug.com/

Canon 5D3 - Gripped, EF 70-200 L IS 2.8 MkII, , 24-105 L 4 IS MkI, 580 EX II Speedlite, 2x 430 Ex II Speedlite

Lightbender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think the election was until November. Not sure whether Clinton or Sanders will get Trumped yet.

Seriously we've got nothing to whinge about if we are talking long election campaigns.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikew09 View Post
    I try to forget but every morning on the tele whilst I have my morning coffee before leaving for work, ....
    Well don't turn the tele on, take your cuppa outside and watch the light and listen for birds.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Well don't turn the tele on, take your cuppa outside and watch the light and listen for birds.
    ...And forget to go to work, and get the sack, and stay home and watch TV...

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vote 1 for AK83!

I'll tax any non photographic related goods at 1000%, increase the tax rate for any non photography enthusiasts to 100%, set into law that all tax dodgers will be tarred and feathered(gives the birding community more subject matter!).

and ...

I'll remove all taxes on photography related gear, and fix the exchange rate for all photographic related gear at AUD : US$2(I could have gone further, but I think this is a reasonable limit for now)

.. and line all the streets with photography related gear, free for anyone's purpose ... oh! and gold pavers too(hey! why not? I'm tired of black tar and grey concrete .. and besides all the black tar saved will come in handy for those tax dodgers! )
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donkey: AK, you've got my vote!

(Postal votes from the farmyard are yet to be counted, while the Owl and the Pussycat
    have been exempted from voting on account of their being at sea in a pea-green boat of
    reportedly resplendent appearance.)

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to pause and ponder whether we collectively are to blame for what we get. When all is said and done the Australian people elect our governments, and every d***head in parliament is there because "we" voted for them. Our politicians do not reflect well upon the community as a whole, because we are collectively responsible for what we end up with.

I'm inclined to agree with Rick in that we should vote for individuals rather than parties. Individuals who face automatic dismissal if they accept bribes or respond to powerful lobby groups. Individuals who can vote for what they believe rather than what they are told to believe. Individuals who focus more on the issues than the next election date. Individuals who act on behalf of Australians rather than doing what America wants.

I find the whole parliamentary system to be deeply flawed and in my view we need a parliament comprised of independents.

"If you want to be a better photographer, stand in front of more interesting stuff.” — Jim Richardson

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobt View Post
    ..... Individuals who face automatic dismissal if they accept bribes or respond to powerful lobby groups. Individuals who can vote for what they believe rather than what they are told to believe. Individuals who focus more on the issues than the next election date. Individuals who act on behalf of Australians rather than doing what America wants.

The issue is that it's not just the 'individuals' that are susceptible to bribery .. it appears the party is generally the more easily bribed part in the whole system!

Offer them a donation, and whatever you want is yours!

.. watch Four Corners that aired on Monday(23/05/16) .. it should be replayed any day soon or available on catchup.
    The 'ethanol debacle' is just freaking unbelievable.

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Offer them a donation, and whatever you want is yours!
    Amazing .... why use such a long word "donation", when it's so much easier to say "bribe".

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amazing .... why use such a long word "donation", when it's so much easier to say "bribe".
    And it's much hard to "bribe/donated" to 150 individuals than 4 parties.
    Last edited by Mark L; 25-05-2016 at 10:03pm. Reason: Nick off

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey! you do realise that my Christian name is Arthur, yeah!

Maybe it's an Arthurian thing or something .. but like my namesake in Canberra ... I(apparently) don't have to answer such impertinent questions, and exempt myself from such baseless allegations ...

Now! .. where did that 4.4 million go ... I have a new screen and some hardware I need to pay for!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    Hey! you do realise that my Christian name is Arthur, yeah!

Maybe it's an Arthurian thing or something .. but like my namesake in Canberra ...
    Who's the king namesake in Canberra? Surely your surname isn't Sinodinos? (just missed maybe)
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. I'll put your name down as a beneficiary for a part of the money owing from the AEC.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "You got a big black hole in your figures." he says to the Labor party.
    "Hang on, that's way out, how did you figure that?" say the commentators.
    "mmm, don't ask me, ask the Labor Party."
    That basically happened yesterday..

And we wouldn't have had to stop the boats if we hadn't stopped the live cattle export trade to Indonesia. But wasn't that stopping the boats??
    Last edited by Mark L; 27-05-2016 at 1:25am.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast