This may seem an unusual question, but I have just this week invested in Adobe Products (Lightroom Photoshop with Bridge)

I currently have an Album organised on PC which I am happy with and this is just for our family use. I use PC Screen Saver to show photos while PC is idle. The album is all jpeg shots from previous point and shoot and for the last 4 years a Canon DSLR. All shots from the Canon are in jpeg with just a few recent months that I still have some RAW files for as well. I tend to use RAW only in recent time and then output as a jpeg from PP.

Since having the Canon I have done some post processing on some shots in Canon DPP. If just a jpeg file I may change in DPP save results and this is the file for display (i.e. overwrite the original file. When I started using RAW files in last 12 months I would change in DPP save as jpeg and then delete the RAW (except for a few days in more recent times where I still for some reason not deleted the RAW). I did this so to improve space on hard drives.

Now I have Lightroom which does not change the original shot (not sure what PS and Bridge do to original) it's made me question the structure I use for organisation of shots. I still want a jpeg file for display (RAW file does not display to my knowledge) but I am thinking I maybe should consider keeping the RAW file. However over time this will significantly increase the size of the album. If I keep the RAW files should they be in same folder or maybe in a different directory and just output the resulting jpeg to the normal album structure which means the file will appear in the screen saver displays. Or is keeping the RAW file just a waste.

I cannot do some post production on a jpeg in lightroom without saving a jpeg as a different file name for it to display correctly in screen saver. So therefore I would need to delete original?

What are others doing that may be of help?
When using RAW do you still keep when finished work on it?
Or am I over thinking this?