User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Picture size

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picture size

When did you change the picture size from 1024 pixels longest dimension/250KB max size to 1200 pixels longest dimension/400KB max size?
    I just got a script for batch processing specially written for Corel Paint Shop Pro for the 1024 pixel size for your website and only now just stumbled on the different sizes.
    Because of your now former size requirement I had been using this script for ALL my photos which I upload to different sites or just sent in emails.
    Why did you change your specs?
    Phil.
    Equipment: Canon EOS 80D, EF-S 10-18 f4.5-5.6 IS STM, EF-S 18-135 F3.5-5.6 IS NANO USM , EF-S 55-250 F4-5.6 IS STM, Weifeng WF-717A tripod, Manfrotto 560B-1 Monopod.
    Software: Corel PaintShop Pro x9 + Corel Painter Photo Essentials 4
    - Beauty and Design in Nature - do you see it?

flickr

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The sizes are maximums. You can still user 1024/250. We posted in December and implemented the change to the new maximum sizes on 1st January 2016
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh and to answer your why. We asked members last year if they would like them changed and what to. From that we then announced these changes and implemented them.

We asked here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...rums-and-comps

And implemented here http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...size-increases
    Last edited by ricktas; 12-05-2016 at 3:58pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rick, thanks for all of that - having read it all I am now in the picture.
    Maybe I can duplicate the script and change the 1024 to 1200 and have 2 to choose from. But resizing each photo
    to 1200 pixels/400KB max size for here is not a big problem anyway.
    I missed all that probably because my two sons were involved in Little Athletics from September onwards
    and being a photographer I spent ages processing and resizing lots of photos and recording video. Also attending
    competitions just about every Saturday and later on in Feb and March both Sat and Sun. There are also midweek training
    sessions plus extra ones if you are doing well. I uploaded many pics to the Club's Facebook page so the kids can download them
    for themselves. It takes over your life almost!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the reason for having larger pixel dimensions is that everybody's screens are getting larger and thus 1024 x 1024 pixel images can look rather small on the large Ultra HD and HD screens that many people are now using. On my Ultra HD screen, an 800 x 800 pixel image looks like a postage stamp!

Ausphotography Veteran martycon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the question Phil, as I was off line in December, I took a while to notice the change. I now know why and when, and agree that it is a good result.