Getting back to your task of photographing furniture with a pleasing perspective.
I take it that in your example comparative focal lengths you use 24mm on a DSLR (FF), so I'm figuring you want to photograph the furniture in a domestic setting that is a bit of a tight space.

If you can get access to someones larger living space that you could get further back with a longer DSLR lens it might be your solution right there.
For that extra quality you want, renting a Canon 5DS @ 50 megapixel for the session is going to have that covered over your 5D @ 12.8 megapixels.

6x7cm film is all very well but you need to scan the result these days to use the image in printed and digital media for wide distribution if these pictures are for promotional purposes.
I'd go with an image straight from camera over a scan any day.

A lot of assumptions here.

If you have your heart set on doing med format film then just go for it. The equipment has never been cheaper.
Can't say the same for film and from film printing costs though.

My 6x4.5 film camera sits on the shelf for that reason and I was always disappointed with not having the same control over colour print out come as I now have with digital.