Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APS-C lens for 7D Mark II?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cage View Post
    If you buy from an authorised Nikon dealer https://mynikonlife.com.au/buy/nikon...sed-resellers/ and register with My Nikon Life, you will get an extended two year Nikon warranty. FREE !!! Guess the dude at HN forgot to mention that.
    Thanks for that, just registered my product.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Just forget all that stuff and buy the gear with the manufactures warranty. All that other stuff is just a way for others to get your $$$$. (get lost Gerry. Stop deceiving people.)
    Cameras and lens these days are not prone to problems. A problem will show up before the manufactures warranty runs out.
    Glad I didn't get extended warranty.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see you have settled on your camera gear at last.. And happy shooting.
    Next very important step is To Insure it on your House and Contents Policy, as you will be using it away from your home get Portable Insurance also it does not cost much.
    And Camera manufactures do not cover you dropping your camera, it getting stolen from your car or house, only manufacturing faults and some will fight you over that..

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    remember there is a difference between insurance and warranty. A warranty protects you from a manufacturing defect..nothing else. Save your money and get your gear insured. Then if you drop it, take it to the beach and it goes for a swim, you are covered (check the insurance policy conditions though before signing up).

camera brands.,, that is your choice alone. Just like what brand of car you have, it is a personal choice. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax and more...
    Camera body. What you get is going to be obsolete..soon. Brands bring out new models all the time, with more features and better sensors etc as tech improves. A camera body is a 'disposable' item these days. You buy a 7DII,, and in a few months there will be a 7DIII.. and then in a year or two a 7DIV.
    Lenses: these can last your lifetime and more. The lens is often more important than the camera in getting good sharp results, without distortion, fringing etc. Invest in good lenses and keep them.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the subject of insurance; for the love of god go to an insurance broker rather than shopping around yourself. I say this for two main reasons.

1. If you are up front and make them aware of what is important to you they will focus on that and only bring you offerings that definitely suit your needs meaning you dont have to wade through millions upon millions of lines of small print yourself.

2. The policies and covers they provide are astronomically superior to what is available to you on the direct market. take portables cover for example; a lot of the time that will cost you extra (a lot extra for cameras) through the direct market, whereas a policy obtained through an insurance broker will more than likely have that included for no additional charge.

Just thought an expert opinion on the matter might be of help to more than a few of you.

Cheers,

S.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Gear:
    Canon 600D | Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Tamron 150-600m f5-6.3 | Manfrotto 680B Monopod
    All kept in: Lowepro Protactic 350AW

The GAS never ends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Anne View Post
    Next very important step is To Insure it on your House and Contents Policy, as you will be using it away from your home get Portable Insurance also it does not cost much.
    And Camera manufactures do not cover you dropping your camera, it getting stolen from your car or house, only manufacturing faults and some will fight you over that..
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Save your money and get your gear insured.
    Quote Originally Posted by spootz01 View Post
    On the subject of insurance; for the love of god go to an insurance broker rather than shopping around yourself.
    I got a quote from WSC Insurance brokers through photoinsurance.com.au

- Underwriter for the policy is CGU and the excess is $250 per claim (additional excess of $250 to theft claims from a vehicle)
    - Quote based on a sum insured of $3480 to be $213.20 which includes broker fee of $33.00

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seems a tad pricey to me this is what I am paying on my Home and Contents Account

I am paying $243.63 for Portable Insurance for items which equal $8500 that I can take anywhere and the Personal Valuables Excess is $100 a claim
    Some insurance companies charge you the excess for every large item.

All my other photography gear is covered under General Contents.
    Mine may not be the cheapest around though it seems better after looking at what you have been quoted.
    Last edited by Mary Anne; 12-05-2016 at 5:46pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit late but for those who read this later. For Canon

APS-C lenses do not fit on a full frame body. APS-C line up on the white marks.

Full frame lenses fit on both, and line up on the red alignment marks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckle View Post
    Bit late but for those who read this later. For Canon

APS-C lenses do not fit on a full frame body. APS-C line up on the white marks.

Full frame lenses fit on both, and line up on the red alignment marks.
    Not just a bit late, but everything you have said has already been said in the thread previously.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12