User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: This week's Photo of the Week: #515 : Theme MONET

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This week's Photo of the Week: #515 : Theme MONET

As this theme is a bit different to our usual ones, I thought it might be wise to start a discussion thread on it.

Photo of the Week #515 starting tonight has the theme MONET.

From Wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claude_Monet

Oscar-Claude Monet (/moʊˈneɪ/; French: [klod mɔnɛ]; 14 November 1840 – 5 December 1926) was a founder of French Impressionist painting, and the most consistent and prolific practitioner of the movement's philosophy of expressing one's perceptions before nature, especially as applied to plein-air landscape painting.[1][2] The term "Impressionism" is derived from the title of his painting Impression, soleil levant (Impression, Sunrise), which was exhibited in 1874 in the first of the independent exhibitions mounted by Monet and his associates as an alternative to the Salon de Paris.

Monet's ambition of documenting the French countryside led him to adopt a method of painting the same scene many times in order to capture the changing of light and the passing of the seasons. From 1883 Monet lived in Giverny, where he purchased a house and property, and began a vast landscaping project which included lily ponds that would become the subjects of his best-known works. In 1899 he began painting the water lilies, first in vertical views with a Japanese bridge as a central feature, and later in the series of large-scale paintings that was to occupy him continuously for the next 20 years of his life.

So what we are seeking is an entry that reflects Monet's impressionist style. Feel free to Google Monet, Impressionist, and even check out google images for ideas and inspirations.

This thread is also here to discuss the theme etc, but please do not reveal any details about your own entry as that would breach our competition rules.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally I get to put an OOF photo in a comp.

Ausphotography Regular thegrump's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is what you are after...

DSC_3075paint.jpg
    I have been taking photos for 50 years. I am now trying to get into Photography

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is up to you to decide TG. What you enter is voted on by your fellow members. It is not the admin teams job to determine if something fits the theme, it is the voters who do that. So consider if you came across that photo in a Monet themed competition, would you vote it highly?

remember that you also cannot enter any photo you have posted to the forums in the last 30 days, so the above cannot be your entry.

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant topic. The Impressionists were hugely influenced by photography, but what Monet achieved in paint—in capturing the fleeting effects of light on everyday objects— rather surpassed anything anybody has ever done with a camera I think. Quite a challenge.
    All constructive criticism accepted with gratitude.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't rate highly with me grump.
    The red dots at right aren't quite right And he didn't put borders on two sides of a painting. But what would I know? My better half loves Monet and I just don't get it.