Thread: Computer Crash

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Computer Crash

Hi All. Last Saturday 21 April, my ***Coy name removed per site rules*** PC told me I couldn't burn a recovery disk. The pop up message told me I need a valid Windows installation. I purchased the computer from ***Coy name...*** in June 2015 with Windows 7 Pro installed. I contacted ***Coy name...*** by phone and they told me they would send a fresh Windows 7 Pro installation on a flash drive and written instructions on what to do to rectify the problem. On 26 April ( fast service) I received a upgrade disc (Windows 7 Pro) and no instructions. With no idea what I'm supposed to do next, I called a computer tech friend and he came over, sat in front of my computer and set to work. The next thing I hear is there's NO ##%@&@# drivers. To cut a long story short, he downloaded all the required drivers, installed the Internet connection thingy and said, "she'll be right" and went home. He was right. It was and still is right. I have now finished re installing all my programs and stuff. After being bombarded with email from ***Coy name...*** asking if my problem was now rectified and how happy and satisfied I was with their service, I weakened and replied, stating how "satisfied" I was with their support. I've had Two other PC's from ***Coy name...*** and never had this problem before. End of Rant. Now, where's my camera? Keep up the good work. Regards Russ
    Last edited by ameerat42; 30-04-2016 at 5:37pm. Reason: Site rule re new users.