I have only had the D500 for a day and haven't had much opportunity to get out and really give it a proper go. These are just some quick snaps, one is out my front window of the Rainbow Lorikeet supping on out Banksia Tree nectar early in the morning. The other down at the park of a Purple Swamp Hen late in the day.

Both converted through Nikon NX-D and then tweaked in Photoshop where I used Noisware noise reduction to reduce noise. I haven't done any real comparisons with regards to noise compared to my D810 and it is too early to say whether it has better noise than the D810 when the D810 is cropped to match ie an apples to apples comparo. I am reserving judgement at this stage until Capture One Pro (my preferred RAW converter) releases their RAW algorithms for the D500 and I can then get a real feel for how it compares to the D810.

As for using the camera, gotta love that 10fps, that's good fun. All in all, works just like the D810 other than the frame rate. It's a solid, well built camera, the shutter/mirror is quite quiet and all those AF points are great. AF speed is quick and accurate. Overall, an excellent camera to use so far, however, it's only early days. It seems to be a perfect companion for the D810 for that extra "reach" that DX can offer.

Rainbow Lorikeet

D500 + 400 f2.8E FL VR, 1/100sec, f5, ISO2000

A more pleasing composition - a crop for better positioning:

Purple Swamp Hen

D500 + 400 f2.8E FL VR, 1/400sec, f5, ISO2800