User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adobe Camera Raw - V - DNG converter - HELP !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AM, I want to be able to create Word/Excel files from PDF, not the other way around. I can create PDF's from Office, or use the free Bullzip.exe program to create PDF's from pretty much any screen. It's when I get a PDF from event organisers and want to turn that into say, a csv file, for use in Photo Mechanic that automates image captioning, that I need something that allows me to deconstruct the PDF into word or Excel. I just looked at FOXIT and I didn't see anything that did that. $30 pa is fine with me.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warbs. I see. I thought I was answering JK's lament, but I see he has quoted you, so fair enuff.

Now, hey, I was sURe I read in the stuff somwhere and somewhen that you could do the likes of that, and lo! I went and
    looked again. See the description on this page where it says
    "Export PDF to Word and Other Formats".

(I left it on this page to show the whole suite.)
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, that's what I want to do AM. It's not the free version though.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's right. I mentioned as much to JK.

But you can try-it-for-free for a month

- - - Updated - - -

Ie, it's part of Phantom PDF*

*For Ghost who converts.

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mongo was pretty certain CS5 could only go as high as ACR 6.7.1. Thanks for confirming this.

As far as increased subscription prices go, Mongo is not at all surprised. When introduced, it was always going to be the thin edge of the wedge. Surprised it took them this long to raise the price but a lot of people are now locked in. Mongo will stick with this more than sufficient (but out of date CS5)
    Nikon and Pentax user

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    .... Surprised it took them this long to raise the price but a lot of people are now locked in. ....
    I don't think it'll be too far off in time when they've increased the price to something like $49.99/m .... which basically means that you'll be purchasing a copy of CS every year!

DNG appears to be a good way to prevent financial ruin in the years to come!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbler View Post
    AM, I want to be able to create Word/Excel files from PDF, not the other way around.
    Acrobat Pro 7 is available for free download from Adobe along with the other CS2 products. Later versions of Acrobat certainly convert PDF's to Word, so see if Acrobat 7 had this ability. You need to create an Adobe account to access the download. The serial numbers are in the section which says "How long does it take to download this product". Click on English.

Sorry Mongo for interrupting your thread

For batch converting masses of of CR2 files to dng very quickly I used to use a small file raw2dng.exe. I would drag and drop a folder containing over a 1000 images onto raw2dng.exe and it would in very short time, place the converted dng's in a folder in the raw file folder. From there I pushed them into ACR in Adobe After Effects. The settings I applied to the first photo were then automatically applied to all the others. I was playing with raw video. Hence using ACR in After Effects and not Photoshop.

I don't know if anyone has written a similar piece of software for your NEF files. Certainly saved a lot of time.
    Last edited by farmmax; 20-04-2016 at 1:14am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12