User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Service I was not expecting from TEDS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Service I was not expecting from TEDS

I purchased a remote switch for my D3100, at $30, just before Christmas, and the other day without warning it just stopped working. not knowing if it was the switch or my camera, I took the switch back to Teds to have the switch checked with one off their of the shelf cameras. I did not have a receipt. Yes it was determined it was the switch. To my surprise the salesman just handed me a new one with a Happy Easter.

THANKS TED

PS. I am not really happy with the remote, the cable is too short. I would have preferred a wireless one but at the time, I was in a hurry and the salesman told me, it was the only one available for the camera of that age. ( guess it was the only one available in store, for a camera of that age )
    I have been taking photos for 50 years. I am now trying to get into Photography

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some real advantages in dealing face to face with a sales person. I have noticed a bit of a change recently (when I was shopping in Australia) in that for the bricks and mortar to survive they need to provide exceptional customer service - it is very hard for an online supplier to compete with this type of service.

In my experience people will always pay a little more if they are given the service (after all that is the real difference in price).

In recent times when coming back to Australia I have been willing to pay an extra 5 - 10% for camera bodies just to deal with a knowledgeable sales person. Lets hope this trend continues.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian500au View Post

In recent times when coming back to Australia I have been willing to pay an extra 5 - 10% for camera bodies just to deal with a knowledgeable sales person. Lets hope this trend continues.
    I'm open to paying much more than that simply for the benefit of having good (or better) service.

I'd have no issue paying over $1K on an expensive device that could easily go bung easily as a camera body is likely to do(especially at the rate that Nikon are producing defective products! )

So I remember paying close to $1K more for my D800E back in the day from a REAL shop .. just because the D800 had a disastrous reputation for focusing issues.
    (the question really was .. what other impending issues would also surface).
    Actually turned out that my D800 was in the batch where the remote port was installed by the local alcoholic!(mine has caved in, so no remote on it yet for me).

On some devices, I'm willing to take a punt and pay (say) $50 for a questionable looking product too tho over the net at some dubious looking store.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N