User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9

Thread: Please help before I throw myself off a cliff........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help before I throw myself off a cliff........

Hi Aper's

Situation........

My first paying gig as an event photographer for a kids sailing regatta over the weekend.

Shot all day Saturday no problems, transferred images from camera to laptop , edited and uploaded to gallery for sale by the morning.

Shot all day Sunday seemingly with no issues...often checking/reviewing images in back of camera throughout the day. The only annoying thing was that I forgot to format my card before starting shooting again so still had Saturdays images on board......no problem as I have plenty of cards if I run out of room.

Go to upload Sunday's images but there only appears to be 6 images from Sunday.......###??? Now here's the confusing thing......I uploaded 2500 images from Saturday (all images I took) When I go to upload Sundays images it says 3500 images on card ...ok so I'm thinking I took 1000 images on Sunday but only 6 are showing up on camera raw uploader window........ahhhhh How can I have shot 2500 on Sat ....there now be 3500 on the card but only 6 of the 3500 are from Sunday???????? I'm confused and very stressed right now.....
    Canon 5diii; Canon 7D; Canon 3.5 15-85mm IS USM; Canon 4-5.6 70-300mm IS USM; Canon 1.4 50mm , Canon Macro 100mm 2.8 L IS USM, Canon 35mm 1.4 L USM, Canon 24-105mm L IS USM, CPL and UV filters, manfrotto tripod and Lowepro backpack plus dreams for so much more!!

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a similar thing once with my 7D, for some reason it starts a new folder every now and then, not sure why and have never looked into it...may've happened to you as well?
    If you replace the 'W' with 'T' in When, Where and What, you get the answer for each question.
    CC more than welcome. Remember, I can't be offended so go for it. Feel free to post your ideas with an edit if you have time. Thanks in advance.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (OK, got a bit bamboozled by figures...)

Could the date stamp be wrong?
    From what you downloaded onto computer after the shoot on Saturday, how many did you take on Saturday?
    Can you ID the other images you took on Sunday even if it says only 6 were taken then?

DO you connect via a cable from cam to computer. Can you use a card reader to help ID what images you have?
    CC, Image editing OK.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mentioned the camera raw uploader window which means it's probably only the program not recognizing the files for import but I'm sure it's still there on the card.
    Can you access the card manually through your OS finder?
    If so, the files should be there. Download it to a folder on your computer then use your camera raw uploader again and select the downloaded folder as the source to import to your editing program.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    (OK, got a bit bamboozled by figures...)

Could the date stamp be wrong?
    From what you downloaded onto computer after the shoot on Saturday, how many did you take on Saturday?
    Can you ID the other images you took on Sunday even if it says only 6 were taken then?

Looked at that ......easy to identify Sundays images as shooting conditions were much better and photos were better
    DO you connect via a cable from cam to computer. Can you use a card reader to help ID what images you have?
    - - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention.......I can see the photos from Sunday on the back of my camera ...........so they are definitely there somewhere

I've tried uploading with my 7d to computer ....camera I shot with
    Tried putting the card in my 5diii same issue
    Tried using my card reader.....same issue
    I've tried my desktop computer and my laptop

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by swifty View Post
    You mentioned the camera raw uploader window which means it's probably only the program not recognizing the files for import but I'm sure it's still there on the card.
    Can you access the card manually through your OS finder?
    If so, the files should be there. Download it to a folder on your computer then use your camera raw uploader again and select the downloaded folder as the source to import to your editing program.
    Thanks Swifty .....I will try that...... I really need to get the images up online ASAP as heaps of people have already gone to the gallery but there are no photos yet

Still in the Circle of Confusion Cage's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only ever use a card reader to upload my images.

Pop it in a USB port and it usually comes up on my computer screen as a folder.

Open the folder and there are your images. I then 'Select all' and copy to a new named folder on my desktop to go through them.
    Last edited by Cage; 21-03-2016 at 12:31pm.
    Cheers
    Kev

Nikon D810: D600 (Astro Modded): D7200 and 'stuff', lots of 'stuff'

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'm just going crazy with exhaustion after 2 full days on the water shooting ...up until midnight editing etc and driving straight from Lake Macquarie to Homebush for Madonna who didn't appear on stage until 11:30pm last night resulting in a 2:40 am arrival home on the Northern Beaches

- - - Updated - - -

Crises averted........thanks guys......no need to jump now

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Cliff breathes a sigh of relief)

When can, what was it?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to read you have got that sorted out now Karen

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ameerat42 View Post
    (Cliff breathes a sigh of relief)

When can, what was it?
    Not sure what the problem was but I sorted it by using a card reader and putting the images in a folder on my desktop as per Kev's suggestion. I knew they had to be there as I could see all the images on the back of the camera ..... I will soon see if it happens again as I have a bunch more images to upload tomorrow morning when I am not half asleep

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I knew there was a reason I'd never go and see Madonna.
    I just don't want to get that flustered any more.