Scenario-I have PS CS3 on the laptop and CS6 on the desktop Computer. I shoot RAW. I rarely print photos so everything is done in sRGB. On my laptop with CS3 when it comes to saving the photo as a jpeg I click on "save as" and always under "Assign Profile" working RGB: sRGB IEC61966 is always the option that comes up for each and every photo that I edit. no problem.

On the desktop loaded with PS CS6 I select "save as" and I get Color: ICC Profile: Adobe RGB(1998) everytime. I have tried to change it but it always reverts to Adobe RGB everytime I try to save the next photo. I went into "edit" Convert to Profile , and the options are "source space" which shows "Profile AdobeRGB(1998)" and Destination space "Profile:sRGB ICE 61966"

1. Why is the source space Adobe RGB(1998)?
2. Why can't I work out how to "save as" with the profile automatically assigned sRGB like I can in PS CS?
3. I have been unchecking the Adobe RGB(1998) and assigning no profile at all since I got PS CS6-is this a mistake?
4. All of this torture has arisen because now I need to print a whole lot of photos and I want to get it right. sRGB? Adobe RGB(1998) ? From what I've read i need to assign sRGB to the edited photo to have the best option for printing anywhere. BUt why does PS CS6 keep giving me only Adobe RGB (1998) as the default option to save my jpeg?

Hope someone can understand my dilemma and give me some advice......many thanks