User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: Creating a photo book - which site?

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a photo book - which site?

I'm planning to make a photo book for the in-laws 60th wedding anniversary - a lot of it will be 'on this day' and ads from the period.

There seem to be a number of sites offering a photo-book service I was wondering if people had any recommendations?

Might even be lucky and have someone that does a discount for forum members?

Thnaks

- - - Updated - - -

I should add that I'll just be doing the one book., and would like to be able to put it together at my own pace not all in one hit. Layout options for photos and text ideally.
    Gear: Panasonic Lumix FZ200 / Huawei Mate 20 / LR 5, PSE 12, Da Vinci resolve

"I may be crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using Windows OS, want to edit offline, want portrait A4 size if possible. and of course good quality images.

Based on a Choice comparison, combined with a bit of my own research it would appear the front runners are:

- Momento
    - MojoPro
    - Imagine Books

Any comments or suggestions welcome !
    Last edited by landyvlad; 17-03-2016 at 12:03am.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest checking out "Blurb". Probably not the cheapest option but I did one a few years back and was very happy with the quality and options available.

Last edited by Colonel; 17-03-2016 at 2:04am.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    www.momento.com.au : Australian Company. Brilliant product, huge range and amazing customisations. You download their software and create your book on your computer. You can add text and embelishments where-ever you want to.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried 4 different companies. Snapfish is the easiest to use, instantly creating your book for you with your uploaded photos then you can change them around for the final production. Recently I used photobox for a big travel photo book and was very pleased with the result.
    Cheers, Ann

60D, Canon 18-200mm, Canon Fisheye, Canon Macro, Canon 50mm prime, Tripod. Photoshop Elements, Picasa.

www.travellerspoint.com/users/aussirose www.flickr.com/aussirose

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I found Snapfish clumsy and slow.
    Put together an album of my wife's cakes. Damn painful process. Only stuck with it because it was a free album we had a credit for.
    It also seems to have shifted some pics slightly in their frame in the printed version, cropping some images differently than laid out.
    Others love it though. Might just be me
    Matt
    CC always appreciated

My Website
    A Blog of sorts

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your input. Anyone know the rough turn around time for say Blurb and momento?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by landyvlad View Post
    Thank you all for your input. Anyone know the rough turn around time for say Blurb and momento?
    that can change based on demand. Remember we are at the end of the Wedding Season so they will be busy running our jobs for Pro wedding photographers. Momento have another site called Momento Pro. But demand will be high at present. Maybe email them and ask.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need it by mid May and should have it ready to go by say early April. Ought to be OK yeah?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by landyvlad View Post
    I need it by mid May and should have it ready to go by say early April. Ought to be OK yeah?
    Ought to be, but the only way to be sure is contact them and ask

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said 14 days plus postage time

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creating a photo book - which site?

I use Bob Books. Excellent off line software and good quality. I ordered 4 books last week (3 for uk delivery and ours back here) and got the notification they were dispatched yesterday. So approx 7 day turn around. For me ease of dispatch to any country is useful.
    If you like I'll let you know when they turn up so you can gauge postage time.
    Last edited by Hamster; 18-03-2016 at 5:57pm.
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Sigma SD Quattro H, Sigma 35 mm Art, Sigma 85 mm Art, Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I create my pages in Photoshop at the size intend to print. I love the 12"x12" size. I have a library full of embellishments that I have collected from free sites over the years that I use to decorate the pages. Then I can simply use blurb or snapfish and put my pages in their software as a full sized image. I used to use Creative Memories as they had awesome digital embellishments but they went out of business. Since then I just do my full pages and upload to whichever site has the best special at the time. Snapfish is OK but I thought the quality was much better from blurb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Jodie

Gear - Canon EOS 7D, EOS 6D, 24-105 F4, 70-200 F2.8L IS, Canon EF 100mm 2.8 Macro, Sigma 10-20mm, nifty fifty, EF2xII, 580EX, 430EXII, EFx2 III and a long wishlist

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used Photobook Australia about 6 times now, with fantastic results. Very high quality books. My oldest one is 5 years old and has been well used, but it still looks great. Their software, whilst it may take a little while to get the hang of, is actually great in the level of freedom and customisation it affords.

They have sales regularly, do not pay full price.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Momento is excellent but too expensive for me. I have used Blurb several times and find it very good value.
    Sony DSCR1 bridge camera; Sony Alpha SLT A57; Sony Zeiss 16-80mm f3.5-4.5 lens; Sigma 10-20mm UWA lens; converted Nikon 50mm f2.0 lens; Filters: ND4,ND8,ND1000, CP; Photoshop CS6. 82.7% of statistics are made up!