Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70-200mm - Which one?

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendo09 View Post

Ultimately I'm trying to talk myself out of wanting to spend $2000 on a hobby I have only just got interested in, when if my history is anything to be relied upon, I"ll be onto something new in 24 months.
    So you don't have to pay top dollar for new equipment. A good lens is still a good lens. 2nd hand from someone that's had enough of photography and is wanting to move onto the next hobby. Saves a few dollars and loss quite as much for the good lens when ..... but hang on, you've not gunna sell anything. You can move onto your next hobby and still do photography.
    Spend as much as you can afford on the lens. Regardless of what is said they do make a difference to the photos we take. The better photos you can take soon means you'll stay with this photo gig longer.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any lens made for nikon will fit and there are some good ones that are lots of years old that will do the job. I have an entomologist friend that uses an old Tokina prime on a D800 and she gets good results.
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy the 70-200 Tamron. You will not look back if you do. It is a great lens well worth the money.

Some may argue that it is a little too long on a crop sensor body, but in reality it will be great if you are taking shots of the kids doing sport/activities on a stage. You've also got the 35mm for when you want to shoot in inclosed areas/rooms.

cheers
    Cheers
    Danny

D750 & D610

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the Tamron

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ausphotography Regular John Humpo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also can throw in my 2 bobs worth for the Tamron 70-200 f2.8 Di Vc Usd only had it a couple of mths but can vouch for its sharpness, great Bokeh, colour reproduction, fast focus, I love it & yes it has a bit of weight but that's a given with any of these f2.8 lenses, you get used to it.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Tamsin. I have the Nikon but in hindsite, I probably would have been better off buying a Tammy and another couple of lenses for the price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12