Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: 7D mk ii guide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7D mk ii guide?

Hi all ,

Whilst I am not a complete beginner to photography [used nikon , mamiya , rollie , H'blad stuff when l was young...] ,I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around the programs/settings etc. I am wondering if purchasing a guide for my camera is worthwhile? [book form].

Which guide is most suitable and most user friendly ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Barney.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the easiest question to answer as most guides are just one persons take on it. For me I find getting out and taking photos, playing with settings and working out what works best for me, Occasionally I resort to the manual which I keep on the phone. Beyond that I google more specific situations and look for the best answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with Cris, there's so much information out there online, and so many different ways to do things. I'd recommend having a read through the manual and then focusing on one area/setting at a time and have a play and there may even be videos on YouTube discussing camera settings for the 7dII for various types of photography.
    Last edited by Tjfrnds; 20-02-2016 at 3:28pm.
    Tania

CC always welcome http://www.taniafernandesphotography.com.au/
    Canon 5d iii, Canon 7d, 50 f/1.8 II, 85 f/1.8, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS, 100 f/2.8 USM Macro

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about getting into the settings and working it out for yourself
    Here is a link to the Canon site https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Busin...-and-Downloads download the instruction manual 548 pages on it and have a good read.
    I have it on my desktop and refer to it often.. Hope it helps.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like reading good 3rd party user manuals and usually pick up some nice info.

The Canon manuals are necessarily very functional. This is how that setting works, that is how you change this setting, here is how you select high speed flash sync, etc.

A good, 3rd party manual can take this basic informational approach and translate it into a real-world shooting situation, illustrating how a particular mode or setting will produce the desired results in the field.

Unfortunately, when I last looked, 3rd party Canon 7D Mk II User Guides were very thin on the ground (Kindle and iBooks), not sure about paper copies.

Cheers

Dennis

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might find the Quick Reference Guide useful.

Not all Canon Cameras have a QRG, but the EOS 7D MkII does.

One of the download links for it, is here.

WW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a small (6x6 inch) book for 7D11 in a bookshop in Brisbane recently. I was tossing up whether it would have what I was looking for or if it would be too basic.... 'Canon EOS 7D Mark 11 ... the expanded guide' by David Taylor. I was going to go back and check it out or look on line but, as yet, haven't.