User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  3

Thread: Photo Nuts and Shots US Online Tutorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photo Nuts and Shots US Online Tutorial

And the other one is Photo Nuts and Bolts, there both US online tutorials for beginners. Has anyone ever heard of them?

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but from what I could see that wasn't asking for money, it's fairly basic fare that almost any book
    on photography from a library would provide.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you are looking at doing a course, do one from an Australia Registered Training Organisation (RTO), not things like The Photography Institute etc, who have no accreditation. If you do one from an RTO, the certificate you get at the end has value, it is recognised qualification. All the others are just a waste of effort and money.

BUT, you might find a workshop better than a course. These often run for 1-2 days, and whilst not accredited, they often focus on one aspect of photography, like portraiture lighting, wedding photography, seascapes etc. Workshops can be great hands-on value for money.

The main recognised qualification in Aus that is not a Uni Degree is called Certificate IV in photo imaging. More details on this are here :https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/CUA41115 and this will give you an Australian Standard recognised qualification.

ALWAYS find out if a training organisation is an RTO for courses. For workshops, research the instructor, workshops do not have certificates and qualifications, but can be good value for money IF the instructor is good.
    Last edited by ricktas; 04-03-2016 at 7:30am.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricktas, I've just posted my intro (as a newbie to the site) and I mentioned that I'd be looking for photography courses in Sydney. Coincidentally, I saw this post of yours because it seems as if every Google search I do throws up the Photography Institute/or similar. I don't need a qualification/certificate per se, but I'd guess from your post that Australian RTOs are more likely to provide value for money?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Physioz View Post
    Ricktas, I've just posted my intro (as a newbie to the site) and I mentioned that I'd be looking for photography courses in Sydney. Coincidentally, I saw this post of yours because it seems as if every Google search I do throws up the Photography Institute/or similar. I don't need a qualification/certificate per se, but I'd guess from your post that Australian RTOs are more likely to provide value for money?
    RTO's provide recognised qualifications that adhere to a standard set by the Australian Government.

Getting a qualification from a non RTO entity means nothing. Non RTO entities do not have to meet any standard except what they deem is to be included in the course. Any certificate from a Non RTO is not worth anything, it is not a recognised qualification in Australia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    RTO's provide recognised qualifications that adhere to a standard set by the Australian Government.

Getting a qualification from a non RTO entity means nothing. Non RTO entities do not have to meet any standard except what they deem is to be included in the course. Any certificate from a Non RTO is not worth anything, it is not a recognised qualification in Australia.
    Okey-dokes - thanks!