Quote Originally Posted by aocc View Post
arthurking83.... Fantastic I will be looking into all the advice about ViewNX2. I will be sticking with it and will not even look at CaptureNx. Only due to the fact that one must stop somewhere and just get on with the job with the tools one has.
In the corner of VNX2 it has convert button with gives me a choice of Jpeg,16bitTiff,etc so if I pick 16 Bit tiff then save it to a file . Then click on it it goes straight to CS2 WOO HOO a short cut that works

The convert short cut icon only does the conversion, so it saves a file to where ever you want it too.

The shortcut I'm referring too is another one. You probably don't yet have it on your toolbar, so it needs to be setup. Easy to do tho.
I should'a made the instructions more clear: (I'll do them again in point form for every step)

* go to Edit -> Options(topmost header bar)
* in the Options box, look for [Open with Application]
* In the larger area of the box now look for the [Add] button. Navigate to the Application's exe file.
* Once this has been done and it's listed in the list of Apps you can call from, close this box up and go back to the main VNX2 page.
* Once the options box is closed, now rightclick the large Icon toolbar area. In the pop up box you will see a list. This is how you make the Icon for the shortcut to the 'Open With' tool.
* In the new pop up after this rightclick action is a list again. in the centre of this list you should see the registered app you just setup. I can't say exactly what it'll be called (probably PhotoShop)
* Tick this option, and close the box if it doesn't by itself.
* Once you do this, the new Icon will be added next to the rotate Icons, more so towards the centre of the Icon toolbar.
This Icon will have a round appearance with the Icon words App inside that sphere and if you selected something like Photoshop.exe and have the name+Icon option enabled, the Icon will also have the name Photoshop under it.

Click this .. wait .. wait more .. and then wait again! .. at some point the tiff will have been created in the cache area(this part is quick .. usually about 5s or so).
What takes forever is for PS to actually open itself and the file.
At some point tho, you will see PS open up on top of VNX2. VNX2 doesn't close down if you do this and so watch how much memory is being used.

If you select multiple images via the film strip it will do the same thing on all of those images selected .. once again watch how much memory your computer ends up using tho!