User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Pre-orders for 1DX II

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-orders for 1DX II

B&H, Adorama & Amazon are apparently taking pre-orders for the recently announced 1DX II. US$5999 body only or packaged with a 64Gb C Fast card and card reader.
    The 20.2MP sensor is coupled to dual Digic 6+ processors (not the Digic 7+ anticipated by some). GPS & digital optimisation are built in, f8 is available at all focus points and speeds of up to 16 fps are possible.
    People who opt to write to both cards simultaneously for built in backup may not be pleased with the mixed card slots as burst rate is limited by the slower card; however not all users use this option.
    I am currently using a 5DsR and a 7D II and am very happy with the results.
    I won't be an early adopter of thi8 new 1D body.
    I'm interested to find how many ausphotography members would at least wait for Lightroom and Photoshop support before making the move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least we have until they start shipping them in April to pre-order.
    To me, it sounds like a fantastic camera and I wish I could justify buying one.

I'll wait to see what the new 5d4 will be offering.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested to see what the retail price is here but I think with the Aussie dollar I may be passing for awhile, certainly until some real world tests are done and enough time has past to make sure it has no issues.

The different cards was a real stupid move, I'm sure most people would rather spend a little more on cards and have dual Cfast then a crippled buffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgo View Post
    I'm interested to see what the retail price is here ...
    I was in my local *removed, refer to site rules 3-7: admin* the other day and they had it advertised for AUD$8499 same as the D5 despite it being USD$500 less in the US. I think purchasing from *removed, refer to site rules 3-7: admin* might just be a good option for this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgo View Post
    The different cards was a real stupid move, I'm sure most people would rather spend a little more on cards and have dual Cfast then a crippled buffer.
    Personally not a big deal for me but if I was shooting pro level sports for a living this would be a borderline deal breaker. They have to realise this isn't sustainable in the pro market and I'm betting on an announcement of a version with dual CFast slots in the not so distant future.

All that being said, if I was in the pro position I would probably upgrade at least my main body to the latest offering.

Cheers,

S.
    Last edited by ricktas; 08-02-2016 at 3:02pm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Gear:
    Canon 600D | Sigma 18-250mm f3.5-6.3 | Canon 50mm f1.8 II | Tamron 150-600m f5-6.3 | Manfrotto 680B Monopod
    All kept in: Lowepro Protactic 350AW

The GAS never ends.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a pre-order price of $8999 (body only) at John Ralphs. Way too much camera for someone like myself but I am interested in what will become of the 5DmkIV. I'm hoping for a slight bump in DR and ISO performance with 4k for video.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm another fence sitter on this. Will wait and compare 5D4 with second hand 1Dx pricing.
    Canon 1D, 5D, 7D & D2000 plus lotsa extras
    See here for gear list: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...d.php?p=151869

My photo website http://www.touring4x4.com/
    Travel & photography blog: http://www.touring4x4.com/blog/

PP & CC is OK

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And I've nearly convinced myself that I should buy a 2nd hand 7DMarkll.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark
    I'd say the 7D II is a no-brainer for your crop factor body. It's a matter of what you are satisfied with as your full frame body (not listed in your equipment portfolio.
    The 7D II & the 1DX II both have built in GPS (unlike any 5D to date - if geo-tagging is important to you) and higher rated shutter actuations.
    Many people seem to be hanging out for the announcement of the 5D IV (August/ prior to Photokina) to make a decision on which way to fly.
    It will have to be good to deter me from partnering my 5DsR with a 1DX II as full-frames + my 7D II crop-factor.
    Grab a 7D II. It will improve the quality of your shots with the 120-400.

Ausphotography Regular rexboggs5's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any reviews of the actual (not pre-release) 1DX II camera? The latest review I can find on Google is almost 2 months old.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out canon rumors.com or the-digital-picture.com.