User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Remote for Canon Eos 450D (for timelapse)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remote for Canon Eos 450D (for timelapse)

Hi,

I am wanting to try some timeless sequences using my Canon Eos 450D. I went to a camera store and was told there is only one accessory around which would enable me to do that, costing $125 (the Hahne Giga T Pro Wireless Remote). That seemed a bit much to me so I was wondering if there are any options for remotes that allow time-lapse which are compatible with the 450D. For example, the Canon RS60E3: I know this is compatible, but does it allow for timelapse? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks
    @alexfrommelbourne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Canon RS60E3 is just a remote shutter button. It does not include an intervalometer, which is what you need for timelapse. Canon doesn’t seem to make one for the E3 jack. I’d consider a TriggerTrap in your position.

http://www.triggertrap.com/#products/triggertrapmobile1
    Gear monkey and proud. Brisbane.

I like my computer more than my camera farmmax's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might like to look at this intervalometer Timer Remote control For CANON 450D 1000D 500D T5 SLR RS-60E3 on Ebay and see if it is what you are after. At the price it is probably worth a go.

Another option is to install Magic Lantern on one of your camera's cards and that will give you a very flexible interalometer in the camera itself. The only trouble is the 450D does not officially have it's own version of Magic Lantern as far as I can see, although some people seem to be using it in 450D's.

You may like to read more about Magic Lantern. If your camera is new, you probably don't want to try Magic Lantern in it, but if it is well out of warranty, you might be interested in giving it a go.

Warning: Do not use Magic Lantern without reading and understanding exactly what it is and does, and use only if you are comfortable with updating firmware and playing with software.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

I think I will pass on the TriggerTrap as I don't use a smartphone when travelling. I appreciate the advice!