Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Photographic Humour - Jokes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bum or Armpit............
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The only difference between me and a madman is that I’m not mad.

Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigo75 View Post
    There were these two sisters Luella and Rose. They were going
    to get a picture taken of themselves as they were getting there passports.
    They go to the studio and after the photographer fools with the
    camera he tells Rose to sit quietly because he had to focus.
    Well, Luella being out of hearing says, "Huh?"
    Rose says, "Be still girl he's gonna focus!"
    Luella looks and says, "Both of us?"

took a couple of seconds to figure out the armpit one, very good
    C&C is always welcome, and dont be gentle
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nikon D80 w/vertical grip | Tokina 12-24 |Nikon 18-55 | Nikon 18-70 | Nikon 70-300 | Sigma 150-500
    Nikon SB800 | Nikon SB 80dx
    Cokin P filters
    other assorted bits and bobs all in a
    Lowepro compu trekker plus aw

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I merged the humour threads. So there are some duplicated jokes
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    nigo75

How many AP members does it take to take a photo?

50 - One to take the photo, and forty-nine to say which lens would be best to use
    Plus at least one to say its not real unless its taken using film

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nigo75 View Post
    There were these two sisters Luella and Rose. They were going
    to get a picture taken of themselves as they were getting there passports.
    They go to the studio and after the photographer fools with the
    camera he tells Rose to sit quietly because he had to focus.
    Well, Luella being out of hearing says, "Huh?"
    Rose says, "Be still girl he's gonna focus!"
    Luella looks and says, "Both of us?"

Hmmmm....riiiiiight...

Took me a long while to get the bum or armpit one...
    AKA Andrew P.
    Gear: Nikon D7100, Nikon D90, Nikon 18-105mm VR, Nikon 70-300mm VR, Sigma 150-500mm APO DG OS, , Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS HSM, Tamron 90mm Macro Di, SB400 speedlight, SB700 speedlight, Nikon DR-6, Panasonic FH20, and all sorts of stuff

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this one:

Last edited by Kym; 09-08-2012 at 9:46pm. Reason: YT tags
    Alan
    -------------------------------------------
    Olympus OM-1, EM-1, Canon 5DMkII, and a few other bits and bobs

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making a baby, fantastic, and not rude..lol

There is not one dirty word in it, and it is funny.

The Smiths were unable to conceive children and decided to use a surrogate father to start their family. On the day the proxy father was to arrive, Mr. Smith kissed his wife goodbye and said, 'Well, I'm off now. The man should be here soon.'

Half an hour later, just by chance, a door-to-door baby photographer happened to ring the doorbell, hoping to make a sale. 'Good morning, Ma'am', he said, 'I've come to...'

'Oh, no need to explain,' Mrs. Smith cut in, embarrassed, 'I've been expecting you.'

'Have you really?' said the photographer. 'Well, that's good. Did you know babies are my specialty?'

'Well that's what my husband and I had hoped. Please come in and have a seat'.

After a moment she asked, blushing, 'Well, where do we start?'

'Leave everything to me. I usually try two in the bathtub, one on the couch, and perhaps a couple on the bed. And sometimes the living room floor is fun. You can really spread out there.'

'Bathtub, living room floor? No wonder it didn't work out for Harry and me!'

'Well, Ma'am, none of us can guarantee a good one every time. But if we try several different positions and I shoot from six or seven angles, I'm sure you'll be pleased with the results.'

'My, that's a lot!', gasped Mrs. Smith.

'Ma'am, in my line of work a man has to take his time. I'd love to be In and out in five minutes, but I'm sure you'd be disappointed with that.'

'Don't I know it,' said Mrs. Smith quietly.

The photographer opened his briefcase and pulled out a portfolio of his baby pictures. 'This was done on the top of a bus,' he said.

'Oh, my word!' Mrs. Smith exclaimed, grasping at her throat.

'And these twins turned out exceptionally well - when you consider their mother was so difficult to work with.'

'She was difficult?' asked Mrs. Smith.

'Yes, I'm afraid so. I finally had to take her to the park to get the job done right. People were crowding around four and five deep to get a good look'

'Four and five deep?' said Mrs. Smith, her eyes wide with amazement.

'Yes', the photographer replied. 'And for more than three hours, too. The mother was constantly squealing and yelling - I could hardly concentrate, and when darkness approached I had to rush my shots. Finally, when the squirrels began nibbling on my equipment, I just had to pack it all in.'

Mrs. Smith leaned forward. 'Do you mean they actually chewed on your, uh...equipment?'

'It's true, Ma'am, yes.. Well, if you're ready, I'll set-up my tripod and we can get to work right away.'

'Tripod?'

'Oh yes, Ma'am. I need to use a tripod to rest my Canon on. It's much too big to be held in the hand for very long.'

Mrs. Smith fainted. . .
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Old photographers never die, they just fade away."

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ken Rockwell

Remember:
    • Ken Rockwell's camera has similar settings to ours, except his are: P[erfect] Av[Awesome Priority Tv[Totally Awesome Priority] M[ajestic]
    • Ken Rockwell doesn't color correct. He adjusts your world to match his.
    • Ken Rockwell doesn't adjust his DOF, he changes space-time.
    • Circle of confusion? You might be confused. Ken Rockwell never is.
    • Ken Rockwell doesn't wait for the light when he shoots a landscape - the light waits for him.
    • Ken Rockwell never flips his camera in portrait position, he flips the earth
    • Ken Rockwell is the only person to have photographed Jesus; unfortunately he ran out of film and had to use a piece of cloth instead.•
    • Before Nikon or Canon releases a camera they go to Ken and they ask him to test them, the best cameras get a Nikon sticker and the less good get a Canon sticker
    • Rockwellian policy isn't doublethink - Ken doesn't even need to think once
    • Ken Rockwell doesn't use flash ever since the Nagasaki incident.
    • Only Ken Rockwell can take pictures of Ken Rockwell; everyone else would just get their film overexposed by the light of his genius
    • Ken Rockwell wanted something to distract the lesser photographers, and lo, there were ducks.
    • Ken Rockwell is the only one who can take self-portraits of you
    • Ken Rockwell's nudes were fully clothed at the time of exposure
    • Ken Rockwell once designed a zoom lens. You know it as the Hubble SpaceTelescope.
    • When Ken unpacks his CF card, it already has masterpieces on it.
    • Rockwell portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes
    • Ken Rockwell spells point-and-shoot "h-a-s-s-e-l-b-l-a-d"
    • Ken Rockwell's digital files consist of 0's, 1's AND 2's.
    • Ken Rockwell never focus, everything moves into his DoF
    • Ken Rockwell's shots are so perfect, Adobe redesigned photoshop for him: all it consists of is a close button.
    • The term tripod was coined after Ken Rockwell's silhouette
    • Ken Rockwell never produces awful work, only work too advanced for the viewer
    • A certain brand of high-end cameras was named after people noticed the quality was a lot "like a" Rockwell
    • Ken Rockwell isn't the Chuck Norris of photography; Chuck Norris is the Ken Rockwell of martial arts.
    • Ken Rockwell never starts, he continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't really a joke or anything,

but one of my first jobs was a weekend manager of a small photo store - but in the days of film (1800s or something right?). We did fairly stock portraits in a room off to the side, and developed film and prints etc. Normal store.

One of the things I got used to very very quickly was the subject matter of the photos. When exposing and printing the photos, we would, like any good store, correct exposure, colour etc etc - so we were looking at each individual photo for a good couple of moments.

A lot of people didn't quite get that we actually looked at the photos. So there were quite a lot of sexy photos, a lot of lewd photos and some downright criminal photos. The thing is though, in a busy shop, we would make sure when customers came in to pick them up, that the photos we were giving them, were actually theirs.. So we would pull them out and flip through them in front of them and ask if they were theirs.

time and time again, we had lovely young girls come in with their boyfriends all red faced, and when we flipped through them, they would run out crying in shame. Hadn't these people thought of this? Or get a polaroid?

Anyway, the funniest photo I ever saw was, judging from the photos, someone had gotten married - and one of the groomsmen had a camera, and was taking some shots of the wedding... halfway through the film though, one of the guests appeared to have knicked his camera and went on a hilarious rampage... in the toilets taking a crap, one of the guests passed out in the bathroom etc etc.

Another one was NYE one year, all the dudes had lined up, and written a letter on each cheek with a toddler at the end...

all bare arsed, spelling Happy New Year Everybody 2003

I was exposed to quite a bit back then.

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did DaVinci paint an image of Mona Lisa ?

Because he didn’t have a camera to shoot her.

In the maternity hospital a father of a newly born child is busy photographing his offspring.
    His furious activity attracts attention of a nurse.
    Is that your first baby - she asks compassionately. No – was the answer – my third, but it’s my first camera.

If your photo album is thin and has only one photo and of a mediocre quality it is... a passport

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Groucho on Copyright

When the Marx Brothers were about to make a movie called "A Night in Casablanca," there were threats of legal action from the Warner Brothers, who, five years before, had made a picture called, simply, "Casablanca" (with Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman as stars). Whereupon Groucho, speaking for his brothers and himself, immediately dispatched the following letters:

Dear Warner Brothers:

Apparently there is more than one way of conquering a city and holding it as your own. For example, up to the time that we contemplated making this picture, I had no idea that the city of Casablanca belonged exclusively to Warner Brothers. However, it was only a few days after our announcement appeared that we received your long, ominous legal document warning us not to use the name Casablanca.

It seems that in 1471, Ferdinand Balboa Warner, your great-great-grandfather, while looking for a shortcut to the city of Burbank, had stumbled on the shores of Africa and, raising his alpenstock (which he later turned in for a hundred shares of the common), named it Casablanca.

I just don't understand your attitude. Even if you plan on re-releasing your picture, I am sure that the average movie fan could learn in time to distinguish between Ingrid Bergman and Harpo. I don't know whether I could, but I certainly would like to try.

You claim you own Casablanca and that no one else can use that name without your permission. What about "Warner Brothers"? Do you own that, too? You probably have the right to use the name Warner, but what about Brothers? Professionally, we were brothers long before you were. We were touring the sticks as The Marx Brothers when Vitaphone was still a gleam in the inventor's eye, and even before us there had been other brothers -- the Smith Brothers; the Brothers Karamazov; Dan Brothers, an outfielder with Detroit; and "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?" (This was originally "Brothers, Can You Spare a Dime?" but this was spreading a dime pretty thin, so they threw out one brother, gave all the money to the other one and whittled it down to, "Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?")

Now Jack, how about you? Do you maintain that yours is an original name? Well, it's not. It was used long before you were born. Offhand, I can think of two Jacks -- there was Jack of "Jack and the Beanstalk," and Jack the Ripper, who cut quite a figure in his day.

As for you, Harry, you probably sign your checks, sure in the belief that you are the first Harry of all time and that all other Harrys are imposters. I can think of two Harrys that preceeded you. There was Lighthouse Harry of Revolutionary fame and a Harry Appelbaum who lived on the corner of 93rd Street and Lexington Avenue. Unfortunately, Appelbaum wasn't too well known. The last I heard of him, he was selling neckties at Weber and Heilbroner.

Now about the Burbank studio. I believe this is what you brothers call your place. Old man Burbank is gone. Perhaps you remember him. He was a great man in a garden. His wife often said Luther had ten green thumbs. What a witty woman she must have been! Burbank was the wizard who crossed all those fruits and vegetables until he had the poor plants in such a confused and jittery condition that they could never decide whether to enter the dining room on the meat platter or the dessert dish.

This is pure conjecture, of course, but who knows -- perhaps Burbank's survivors aren't too happy with the fact that a plant that grinds out pictures on a quota settled in their town, appropriated Burbank's name and uses it as a front for their films. It is even possible that the Burbank family is prouder of the potato produced by the old man than they are of the fact that from your studio emerged "Casablanca" or even "Gold Diggers of 1931."

This all seems to add up to a pretty bitter tirade, but I assure you it's not meant to. I love Warners. Some of my best friends are Warner Brothers. It is even possible that I am doing you an injustice and that you, yourselves, know nothing at all about this dog-in-the-Wanger attitude. It wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that the heads of your legal department are unaware of this absurd dispute, for I am acquainted with many of them and they are fine fellows with curly black hair, double-breasted suits and a love of their fellow man that out-Saroyans Saroyan.

I have a hunch that this attempt to prevent us from using the title is the brainchild of some ferret-faced shyster, serving a brief apprenticeship in your legal department. I know the type well -- hot out of law school, hungry for success and too ambitious to follow the natural laws of promotion. This bar sinister probably needled your attorneys, most of whom are fine fellows with curly black hair, double-breasted suits, etc., into attempting to enjoin us. Well, he won't get away with it! We'll fight him to the highest court! No pasty-faced legal adventurer is going to cause bad blood between the Warners and the Marxes. We are all brothers under the skin and we'll remain friends till the last reel of "A Night in Casablanca" goes tumbling over the spool.

Sincerely,
    Groucho Marx
    *For some curious reason, this letter seemed to puzzle the Warner Brothers legal department. They wrote -- in all seriousness -- and asked if the Marxes could give them some idea of what their story was about. They felt that something might be worked out. So Groucho replied:*

Dear Warners:

There isn't much I can tell you about the story. In it I play a Doctor of Divinity who ministers to the natives and, as a sideline, hawks can openers and pea jackets to the savages along the Gold Coast of Africa.

When I first meet Chico, he is working in a saloon, selling sponges to barflies who are unable to carry their liquor. Harpo is an Arabian caddie who lives in a small Grecian urn on the outskirts of the city.

As the picture opens, Porridge, a mealy-mouthed native girl, is sharpening some arrows for the hunt. Paul Hangover, our hero, is constantly lighting two cigarettes simultaneously. He apparently is unaware of the cigarette shortage.

There are many scenes of splendor and fierce antagonisms, and Color, an Abyssinian messenger boy, runs Riot. Riot, in case you have never been there, is a small night club on the edge of town.

There's a lot more I could tell you, but I don't want to spoil it for you. All of this has been okayed by the Hays Office, Good Housekeeping and the survivors of the Haymarket Riots; and if the times are ripe, this picture can be the opening gun in a new worldwide disaster.

Cordially,
    Groucho Marx
    *Instead of mollifying them, this note seemed to puzzle the attorneys even more; they wrote back and said they still didn't understand the story line and they would appreciate it if Mr. Marx would explain the plot in more detail. So Groucho obliged with the following:*

Dear Brothers:

Since I last wrote you, I regret to say there have been some changes in the plot of our new picture, "A Night in Casablanca." In the new version I play Bordello, the sweetheart of Humphrey Bogart. Harpo and Chico are itinerant rug peddlers who are weary of laying rugs and enter a monastery just for a lark. This is a good joke on them, as there hasn't been a lark in the place for fifteen years.

Across from this monastery, hard by a jetty, is a waterfront hotel, chockfull of apple-cheeked damsels, most of whom have been barred by the Hays Office for soliciting. In the fifth reel, Gladstone makes a speech that sets the House of Commons in a uproar and the King promptly asks for his resignation. Harpo marries a hotel detective; Chico operates an ostrich farm. Humphrey Bogart's girl, Bordello, spends her last years in a Bacall house.

This, as you can see, is a very skimpy outline. The only thing that can save us from extinction is a continuation of the film shortage.

Fondly,
    Groucho Marx
    *After that, the Marxes heard no more from the Warner Brothers' legal department.*

Someone who knew how to deal with ©

Edit: A Night in Casablanca was released in 1946.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great stuff
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Night_in_Casablanca

I wish Groucho were around to deal with the MPAA, RIAA etc

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish he'd run for PM!
    great fun the Marx brothers, A Day at the Races was probably my favourite, although the one that they went to sea on the liner was also a scream

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, Kym. That made my day.
    Funniest thing I have read for a while.

They don't make comedians like the Marx Brothers any more.
    Ray Allen.

Pentax K10D, DA 18-55, DA 50-200, Tamron Di LD Macro 70-300, Tamron SP Di II 10-24, Asahi Pentax Spotmatic SP, Asahi Pentax SP1000, assorted Super-Takumar & SMC screw-mount lenses. Manfrotto 190XPROB Tripod + 804RC2 Head, 680B Monopod + 234RC Head.
    Software used: PS CS3 Extended/CS5 Extended, ACR 6.3, Lightroom 3.3, NIK Software plug-ins, FastStone 4.2, ACDSee 10, SilverFast Ai.
    My Flickr Images | My Web Site | Owner of Yahoo! Spotmatic Group
    For 350+ blood/plasma donations to Red Cross

Tech Admin
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Q: What says "Pieces of seven! Pieces of seven!"

A: A parroty error

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the Kiwi jokes. Did you know that the Japanese have created a camera with a shutter speed so fast, it can take a picture of an Aussie with his mouth closed.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are only 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
    Last edited by etherial; 16-06-2010 at 8:01pm. Reason: Doh!
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast