0 Thread(s)

The New World

"Eye Contact" Lyon, Jan 2016

Image © WMW 1974~1996 / AJ Group Pty Ltd (AUS) 1997~2016

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    why did you post this in Not for Critique?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    why did you post this in Not for Critique?
    A string of reasons all linked together -

A couple of days ago, whilst in France, I received an automated email from your site mentioning that I had not contributed for 45 days - obviously there are various reasons why people don't contribute at times.

So I logged on and made a couple of responses to questions where I thought I could assist.

Late last night (my time) I though of this "Not for Critique" Forum and in it's header it has "Just for fun" and how I had previously shared a picture of a smart car on a Paris Street.

The above is a juxtaposition to that - but with the kicker that the girls (in the photo) are still "having fun" - in the new world.

What is fun somewhere might not seem fun somewhere else - the photo is about still having fun, no matter what: and that's the main reason for sharing it here - in a forum, in AUSTRALIA - about photos about having fun.

WW

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by William W View Post
    . . . What is fun somewhere might not seem fun somewhere else - the photo is about still having fun, no matter what: and that's the main reason for sharing it here - in a forum, in AUSTRALIA - about photos about having fun.
    Rick,

There is not any issue for me if you move the thread to a forum in the critique area: I am not and was not intending to seek a critique of the image, but, by the same token I am not avoiding feedback and comment, either.

If you choose to move the thread and a critique results, then relevant facts about the image are:

Tech: EOS 5D with grip & 24 to 105/4 IS
    Shooting: F/6.3 @ 1/50s @ ISO400; M; Evaluative; EC +2/3stop; IS
    Post Prod: Rough post ex JPEG file using Picasa 3 (final edit from raw file through Lightroom will be later in February/March)

WW

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    all good, I just wondered why. For info.Tthe Not For Critique forum does not count towards forum activity. Same as Site Matters, Classifieds and Out of Focus, and competition entries/voting. they do not add to your post count and thus will not keep your account active.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.
    Now you mention it I recall that info or similar was in the auto generated email. I contributed to two forum conversations first anyway.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Interesting photo. Glad the ladies are smiling. You get used to what you have to get used to I 'spose. Not sure I could get used to it but I suspect it'll be some time before it happens in Mudgee.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not so new, this was in 2010 at the tower

20100512-JOD_2904-2.jpg
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What tower?

I've seen military at landmarks before too: but not walking the shopping streets of provinces though.

WW
    Last edited by William W; 19-01-2016 at 9:53am.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Eiffel Tower.

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The question was rhetoric, not sarcastic. My apologies if the meaning was misinterpreted – on re reading my meaning was not clear.

My point was, yes, I agree not at all unusual to have Military at the Eiffel Tower and at Airports (as another example), but in the shopping streets of provincial areas – I’ve never seen that before. Later last night I rechecked some old files and there was a Military presence at the Eiffel Tower definitely in the 1990’s – probably before that too.

The Military presence in the provincial shopping areas was regular, in two by two formation, not just Lyon, also - Avignon, Marseille & etc.

Pat-downs, bag checks and wands before entering large shops and all theatres in Paris throughout the Christmas / New period year – that was a new experience, too.

WW