User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6

Thread: The 2015 Ausphotography Photo of the Year: SOON

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The 2015 Ausphotography Photo of the Year: SOON

Starting on the 10th January, and concluding on Australia Day, 26th January 2016

Voting will be taking place for the Ausphotography 2015 Photo of the Year.

Winners from all our photography competitions throughout 2015 may be eligible.
    The site moderators and I are presently compiling all the winners of every competition
    ready for the voting to begin.

Note that any member who went inactive at any time during 2015 will be ineligible to win
    The Ausphotography 2015 Photo of the Year.

When voting begins we will announce it to the members.

We have to wait until the December Hostgeek Photo of the Month and the
    October-December Bestcanvasprintsonline Quarterly Competition voting is over
    so that the winners of these competitions can be included in the
    Photo of the Year (if eligible).

Setting up the competition voting for the Photo of the Year is a big job, in fact it is the biggest
    job we have as an admin/mod team. We have to check each competition winner thread, check the polls,
    and then copy the winning entries into the Photo of the Year competition. Once done, other mod staff
    check those imported entries against the winners threads (just to double check each one). We then
    start checking each member to verify if they have been active all year (or since they joined, if they
    joined during 2015). We then disqualify any entries that are not eligible, before voting starts.
    This is the most labour intensive work, the admin/mod team do all year.

When voting starts, members will have a LOT of entries to go through and initially score from 1-10.
    Please take your time, and we encourage all active members to vote, and support your fellow Ausphotography
    members, in what is the pinnacle of photographs presented on Ausphotography during 2015.

Initial round voting will be from 10th January - 20th January.

Then a final poll will follow with the top scoring entries from the initial voting, this voting will be undertaken
    from the 20th January - 26th January.

The winner will be announced on Australia Day Tuesday 26th January 2016 at 8.00pm.
    The winner will receive $300.00 worth of gift vouchers from the Ausphotography advertisers of their choice.

So please, join us, when voting starts on the 10th January and cast your votes.
    Last edited by ricktas; 01-01-2016 at 9:18pm.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exciting stuff.
    Just a thought, is there a specific reason you don't check if they are still active members before you start adding them to the POTY competition
    CathyC
    D3100, D5100
    Lenses: Nikon 18-55mm, Nikon 18-70mm, Nikon 18-200mm, Nikon 50mm, Nikon 55-300mm
    My Blog: http://anentreeincolour.blogspot.com.au/
    My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/38082060@N05/

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyC View Post
    exciting stuff.
    Just a thought, is there a specific reason you don't check if they are still active members before you start adding them to the POTY competition
    Cause it is easier to check them once they are in POTY. It also means when we disqualify an entry, the member can see that they have been disqualified and why, whereas if we do not even add them to POTY, they get no report as to why not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks looking forward to seeing the finalists - I recall there have been some absolutely stunning winners in the short time I have been here

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to give you an update, we imported and check the Hostgeek photo of the month winners, along with the bestcanvasprintsonline quarterly competition winners. We are working on the photo of the week, and after 3 days of effort, we have done all the comps from January to May, and imported and checked each entry.

We still have June - December to go, and then the current POTM and POTQ winners.

Still a way to go, but we will be ready on the 10th January.
    Last edited by ricktas; 03-01-2016 at 2:25pm.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    another update.

We have imported all entries for the Photo of the Week, up to September and checked them all for validity. We are getting there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI, I am excited about seeing what has been entered in the past year, as a newbie are we able to vote or only people that have been members during the year???

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a newbie, yes, you can vote. You can also enter. It's just that if you do not actively participate
    on AP then entries your may be disqualified.

For a good rules read look for the tab at the top of the page labelled "Forum Rules". There a a few sub-sections.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trobdang View Post
    HI, I am excited about seeing what has been entered in the past year, as a newbie are we able to vote or only people that have been members during the year???
    you cannot vote till you have been a member for 10 days and have 5 posts to the site, just to add to what ameerat said above.

Focus Pocus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Rick mentioned in the first post, there will be a lot of entries to vote on initially. I like the enthusiasm of Trobdang and he or she will be able to vote before the close.

12 monthly comps, 4 quarterly, each with 3 levels, and 53 weekly (the last one of 2014 didn't make it into last year's POTY and should be included here), many with different levels, adds up to a lot of photos.

I hope other members take the time and make the effort to do the initial voting. I'm sure just going through each photo will be of benefit and really showcase the high level and real variety of photographs that have made it this far.
    Mike

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    Marcel Proust

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    103 entries checked, imported and validated now, Still got a few more to go, but we are almost done and ready.

11 disqualifications.
    Last edited by ricktas; 05-01-2016 at 8:59pm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha I didn't even consider gender.....I am a She Lol....thanks for info on voting as well.....Td