Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon Menu System to Nikon Menu System

Way Down Yonder in the Paw Paw Patch jim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet you two things:

(a) Modern Nikon cameras don't have this particular stupidity to drive you spare.
    (b) Modern Nikon cameras have some other damn stupidity which will drive you spare.
    The Nikon equivalent might be Menu Banks. Well implemented in cheaper cameras, not so useful in the higher-end ones.
    Last edited by Kym; 02-01-2016 at 8:57pm. Reason: corrected bad formatting

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know my Nikons, but when it comes to confusing menus Sony gets the most mentions rather than Nikon I have found.

I'm a fan of setting up a custom menu on the Canon for the things you are likely to need to go looking for occasionally, like mirror lockup, sensor access, file format, grid display etc.
    Spend some time initially setting that up on the Nikon for those more common menu items that don't have a button.

Replicate any custom button setup you might use on the Canon and C1, C2 etc equivalent on the shoot dial, then after that the need to go hunting for things should be minimal.
    Last edited by Dug; 02-01-2016 at 12:19am.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the responses guy they have been interesting and helpful hehe I especially like D750 setup XLS that will come in handy.

Yes Sony menus is terrible I had the a6000 as well for a little while which I found the menu just didn't do it for me lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12