Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Nikon D610 question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nikon D610 question

My wife got a D610 as an early chrissie present

Anyway as I am without camera I noticed when helping her set it up the way she wants (after all its hers) that there was a U1 & U2 settings.

I RTFM but still didnt understand how a camera could have one lot of settings and then if I was to use the camera, put my own settings in!
    I shoot Manual, Di shoots P mde. When I, like most use manual I am forever changing setting while looking in the viewfinder.

My question is: DO I go to U2 and then setup the camera? Seems confusing because I cant setup settings as they always change in manual due to the surroundings changing every minute. I dont want to upset Diana's settings but I need to use manual..

*Cant afford to get another body so no choice*

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Wazza
    ---------------------

Ausphotography Veteran Brigitte's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a quick play as I was thinking of doing exactly that – set one of the U modes to manual. I have the D7000 but this would not be any different with your model.
    Here is what I set my camera to
    1. Set the camera to Manual
    2. Set AF to S
    3. Set metering to matrix
    4. Set other options such as white balance, raw or jpg and ISO if they are to be different to those used by your wife in other modes
    5. Register this to U1 or U2 – Set up Menu – save user setting (I used U2)
    6. Press the info button which will now show your settings on the live view screen – top left of screen will show M for manual (my UI shows an S in the screen so is set up for a fast shutter speed)
    You wife may now need to reset some of the options back to what she needs but your settings are now recorded to the U1 or U2 mode
    Now I hope this works but it looks OK. Will try this when on holidays.
    Hope this helps you out a bit, all a bit of trial and error. Have fun!

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    Just had a quick play as I was thinking of doing exactly that – set one of the U modes to manual. I have the D7000 but this would not be any different with your model.
    Here is what I set my camera to
    1. Set the camera to Manual
    2. Set AF to S
    3. Set metering to matrix
    4. Set other options such as white balance, raw or jpg and ISO if they are to be different to those used by your wife in other modes
    5. Register this to U1 or U2 – Set up Menu – save user setting (I used U2)
    6. Press the info button which will now show your settings on the live view screen – top left of screen will show M for manual (my UI shows an S in the screen so is set up for a fast shutter speed)
    You wife may now need to reset some of the options back to what she needs but your settings are now recorded to the U1 or U2 mode
    Now I hope this works but it looks OK. Will try this when on holidays.
    Hope this helps you out a bit, all a bit of trial and error. Have fun!
    Thanks for that.. wifey said no leave her settings alone.. I dont blame her, taken her ages to be happy with settings, rather see her happy than not.

Thanks for the detailed instructions though, great

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    --And I agree entirely. You shoot manual, where settings change a lot. That's already the M setting, isn't it?
    I mean it is on my several machines. It looks the same here.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 15-12-2015 at 3:50pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.