1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightroom CC problem

Interesting how they are holding people to ransom

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjour...ship-ends.html
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what way?

The way I'm seeing it(and I'm the last person to defend Adobe! ) .. I can't see anything wrong with what Adobe are doing there.

If your subscription lapses, they still allow you access to your images .. you just can't edit them any longer.
    I think that's fair enough.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was using the standalone versions of Lightroom, but found I was upgrading LR to the new versions each year and PS very 2 years or so, so it made sense for me to go to the subscription method.

When I did that I knew the implications and chose to accept them.

Down the track it may become an issue if I don't want to continue the subscription and I may have to seek alternatives.

Adobe has been offering LR & PS this way for a while now (the link you posted is over a year old) so we sign up with full knowledge of the consequences.

You could, of course, try something like Capture One and PS 6 (if its still available)

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I'm with the others here. I was a stand alone user before going CC, and was a little miffed about changing initially. But they did me a bit of a deal at the start, even though I wasn't technically eligible, and I'm happy with it now.
    I'm not sure why people would expect to receive a service after they cease paying for it. In fact the CC service is fairly unusual in that you continue to get useful functionality for free.
    My Flickr Site
    Instagram _alex_ham_

Gear - Canon 5D mkIII, 16-35 f2.8L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L IS, nifty 50, 75-300 f4-5.6. Sigma SD Quattro H, Sigma 35 mm Art, Sigma 85 mm Art, Canon G1X MkII, Panasonic Lumix DMC LX3, iPhone.

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
    I'm not sure why people would expect to receive a service after they cease paying for it. In fact the CC service is fairly unusual in that you continue to get useful functionality for free.
    So does that mean that if I subscribe and use CC for a year then decide to opt out I still get to use LR and PS? It'll just never be updated or what ever.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Photo Bizarro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    So does that mean that if I subscribe and use CC for a year then decide to opt out I still get to use LR and PS? It'll just never be updated or what ever.
    No.... if you read the link, it's just regarding Lightroom. If you opt out of your subscription, you will still have access to the library, slideshow, web, book and print modules. The develop and map modules are disabled. So, in other words, you can still see/manage your photos, but you can't process them.
    My name is John.
    www.jrfraser.com

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    Nah, wot he said ^^^

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks.
    Looks like I'm stuck with CS3 for a while then.