Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: DPP>TIFF>PS, or

Ausphotography irregular Mark L's Avatar
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

DPP>TIFF>PS, or

This would be up Canon user’s alley but others may also have some thoughts.
    Used to use DPP for all my RAW PPing. Then a while ago someone gave me PS CS3. Since then I’ve been converting RAW to DNG and PPing in PS.
    I’m wondering if it’s worth doing some things in DPP before I wander off to PS.?
    Yes I will get around to experimenting, but a few ideas may be helpful as I don’t really like sitting and play with this PPing stuff.
    "Enjoy what you can do rather than being frustrated at what you can't." bobt
    Canon 80D, 60D, Canon 28-105, Sigma 150-600S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use DPP for all of my basic adjustments before exporting to PS for the nitty gritty changes. Things like crop, level, exposure, saturation, contrast, white balance and basic spot touch ups in DPP before exporting to PS. But I have now moved to lightroom which I find a lot more powerful and don't need to export as much to PS.
    Cheers
    Jeremy

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L View Post
    This would be up Canon user’s alley but others may also have some thoughts.
    Used to use DPP for all my RAW PPing. Then a while ago someone gave me PS CS3. Since then I’ve been converting RAW to DNG and PPing in PS.
    I’m wondering if it’s worth doing some things in DPP before I wander off to PS.?
    Yes I will get around to experimenting, but a few ideas may be helpful as I don’t really like sitting and play with this PPing stuff.
    (Of course I'd start with that)

They're ALL image manipulating programs and so have a lot of functions in common.
    Do what you can in whatever you're using. If you find an efficient workflow, then that.

My raw converter cannot crop or rotate etc, for instance, so it's Photoshop for that.
    CC, Image editing OK.