User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Olympus FL600R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olympus FL600R

Looking for a compact flash for an EM1 & have short listed the Olympus FL600r or the Nissin i40. Any one have any experience with either?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seen Compact flash and though you were writing about Memory Cards
    I have the Olympus FL600r External Flash, had it almost as long as I have had the E-M1 two years in January.
    Works well for me, sits on the hot shoe most of the time I dont use it off camera and have taken many thousands of macro photos using it.

I shoot with Olympus Cameras.. Sometimes Canon and My iPhone SE 2020

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Nissin i40 and it is a good performer and excellent value for money. I got it ultra-cheap. Cannot remember the price but one of the Australian online retailers had it for little more than half-price plus shipping.

It isn't perfect. I worry about the strength of the rotating hinge mechanism but it hasn't been an issue and the battery lid is a little fiddly with its complex hinge.

Performance is good, nice and compact, comes with a very well designed case.

If you are after a very compact 4-battery flash with sufficient power for general use and ultra simple controls - hard to beat.
    Cheers

PeterB666

Olympus Pen F with Metabones Speed Booster and Laowa 12mm f/2.8 or Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 or Nikon D800 with the Laowa 12mm f/2.8. The need to keep in touch with the past is a Nikon Photomic FTn or Nikon F2A and a Nikkor 25-50mm f/4 AI