User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Elinchrom D-lite vs BRX and with Skyport plus HS any experience?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elinchrom D-lite vs BRX and with Skyport plus HS any experience?

Hi All,
    I'm going to upgrade my current studio lighting system from speedlights to Elinchrom.

I was thinking of getting Some BRX kits, on ecombo of 500/500 and another of 250/250. My reasoning was that i can use in studio or out on location and yet still have enough heads to manage any setup required in studio

Then i discovered the Skyport plus HS. While it can hi synch to 1/8000 on high end heads (out of my price league...) it is compatible with the BRX and d-lite which can also gain me some sutter speed.

So far so good. But then i realised that the d-lite has a "S" head which could potentially synch faster than the BRX' "A" heads.

I'm half thinking of getting two d-lite rx4s and two BRX 500 to use with the skyport plus, alternating the main heads depending on whether its a simple portrait job or if i want to rfeeze some action.

my questions are: 1) am i nuts (never mind that one i suspect i know the answer already)
    2) would there be a significant conflict in color if i mixed d-lites with BRX

3) does anyone use any of these in any configuration with the new skyport plus HS with a Canon ( i use a 5d mk3 and a 7D)

thanks in advance

frank
    Last edited by Spearo; 23-11-2015 at 10:01pm. Reason: add subscription
    Canon 5D Mk III, 7D, 20Da, bunch of L glass, flashes, backdrops...
    Trying to figure out how to use all this stuff...
    My humble website: www.frankbonneville.com