Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to jump?

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so waited quite a while! Now the 6D2 has arrived and at about $2,500 or so, it possibly represents reasonable buying. However reports of inferior dynamic range are about. I don't know if that is an academic result seen only under an electron microscope or a reality with photos showing up noise with with tad of cropping or brightening up a picture. The advantages of touch screen that can do a loop de loop I'm not sure about. I tend to be a bit old school and use the eye viewer, indeed if you don't might as well go mirrorless. Interested in thoughts - any 6D users that are definitely upgrading given it is now a real proposition.
    Berni

""The most important piece of camera equipment you will ever own sits between your ears...."

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bercy in all honesty I think you are over thinking it. You cannot go wrong with any of the latest Canons released in the last couple of years. You have the choice of a 6D, 6DII, 5DIII and 5DIV - and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with any of them. If I was buying or upgrading my 40D I personally would go for the 6DII and I am sure I would not be disappointed. I have absolutely loved my 6D I bought 5 years ago and see no reason to upgrade it.
    www.kjbphotography.com.au

1DxII, EOS R, 200-400 f4L Ext, 100-400 f4.5-5.6L II, 70-200 F4IS, 24-70 F2.8 II, 16-35 F4IS

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Kel - sage words. What's ringing in my ears is that you see no reason to upgrade your 6D! I don't see them being dumped by all the Wedding photographers. I think though, the substance of your argument is indefatigable, that they will all be a leap on what I am using now!

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I took Kel's advice but opted for the superseded model and forked out for the Canon 6D. I valued the Australian warranty as well, and picked up the last one at the local Hardly Normal. Charging the battery now whilst at work!

Ausphotography Regular Brian500au's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bercy View Post
    So I took Kel's advice but opted for the superseded model and forked out for the Canon 6D. I valued the Australian warranty as well, and picked up the last one at the local Hardly Normal. Charging the battery now whilst at work!
    Congratulation Berni - you will not be disappointed. Now lets see some shots

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been playing with it tonight! Bit too much footy stuff happening this weekend but hope to get out and about after that... have to make sure I don't go overboard and annoy people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12